It's Halloween by Jack Prelutsky

It's Halloween

by Jack Prelutsky

Other authors: Marilyn Hafner (Illustrator)

This is a collection of Halloween poems that could get any person excited for the Halloween season. It includes a mix of all different kinds of halloween themes poems from witches with their caldron to carving jack-o-lantern. I like that Jack Perlutsky does a lot of different poem collections dealing with a holidays. I picked this one to read because halloween is right around the corner and I wanted to see how I could introduce halloween to my future students through poetry. The main idea of this book is to engage the reader in learning about halloween through poetry. With students you can also breakdown how Prelutsky chose words that rhymed in order to create a rhyme scheme poems. I believe that it is very important that teachers include poem books in their library and Jack Prelutsky's "It's Halloween" is a great book to have. ( )
  isala1 | Oct 30, 2017 |
This book is a collection of poems aimed at children about Halloween. As it doesn't really have a story or plot line, I can't really summarize it in greater detail than that!
Uses: This would be a fun book to use in a unit about poetry if it is around Halloween time. There are many different kinds of poems in it such as lyric poems, short narratives, and even a couple limericks.
Medium: pen and watercolor pencils.
  meggienell | Mar 4, 2016 |
I picked this book up because I remember loving it as a child. Halloween is my favorite time of the year and I remember always loving to read books about it. This book was fun to read over again because it brought back memories. I liked it because there wasn't just one story, there were thirteen. The illustrations are great, and the book rhymes so it's easy and fun to read. I remember when I was little I used to think I was such a good reader because this book is longer than a regular picture book, and has many different short stories. It has stories that cover everything that happens during Halloween. There was no set plot because each story was different, but the over all theme was Halloween. In my opinion this is a great and fun book for 2nd graders because it's a step up from a regular picture book. ( )
  lgrube4 | Sep 21, 2014 |
Collection of short poems on the topic of Halloween
  givingtree1 | Jan 6, 2011 |
Cute Story.
  givingtree1 | Jan 5, 2011 |

Jack Prelutskyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Hafner, MarilynIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 068814733X, Paperback)

Thirteen poems to spice up the holiday that ghouls and ghosts love most. "Prelutsky's Nightmares tamed for beginning readers. They're catchy at the most rudimentary level."--Kirkus Reviews.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:08 -0400)

Thirteen Halloween poems for beginning readers.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,990,604 books! | Top bar: Always visible