Amulet, Book Two: The Stonekeeper's Curse by…

Amulet, Book Two: The Stonekeeper's Curse (2009)

by Kazu Kibuishi

Series: Amulet (2)

Recently added byRSTEMLibrary, mkwahlberg, octoseal, exstasiss, MrsVW, Nikkinikster, jshieh, private library
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling (Anonymous user)
    Coraline by Neil Gaiman (Anonymous user)

Not as fun as the first one, but definitely expanded the world and the threat. I really liked the bad guy, and the obvious Zuko knockoff is still great, despite being an obvious Zuko knockoff. This series really hits the middle grade spot. ( )
  Faith_Murri | Jan 5, 2019 |
4.5*

I am thinking I might do one big, bad series review for these on the blog when I finish it...but in the meantime: this series is a lot of fun and I am really enjoying it! Also- I would really like to crochet Miskit ;-) ( )
  EliseLaForge | Nov 20, 2018 |
Little wonder this series stays checked out most of the time at the library. As with the first, the story is fast-paced and the art is wonderful. This one has a great message about how our family and friends can help us to achieve greatness. It also examines the temptations of power. ( )
  Zoes_Human | Jun 10, 2018 |
Emily and her family make it to the city and meet a fox person named Leon and are being chased by elves. Next they find a doctor and he says he can't heal her mom and says that she needs a certain fruit from talking trees found only on a mountain. Then they go to the mountain and Leon teaches Emily how to use her powers in a different way to lift objects. Next they get to the top but some of the fruit is deadly and the other fruit can heal any sickness. Then she finds one that doesn't kill and they leave and start heading down the mountain. When they were far away the elves came and destroyed all the trees. finaly a fight hapens and emily wins but she passes out and when she wakes up her mom is alive and then the book ends. ( )
  bryceb.g1 | Mar 22, 2018 |
UUUUGH! *headdesk* SO DERIVATIVE!!! We've got all the Star Wars Dagobah training sequences; the more you use the magic the more it controls you from about two dozen different fantasy series; mecha battles; a chosen one prophecy...UGH!!! ( )
  benuathanasia | Feb 23, 2018 |

Graphic novel star Kazu Kibuishi returns with his mysterious world full of new allies . . . and old enemies!

Emily and Navin's mother is still in a coma from the arachnopod's poison, and there's only one place to find help: Kanalis, the bustling, beautiful city of waterfalls. But when Em, her brother, and Miskit and the rest of the robotic crew aboard the walking house reach the city, they quickly realize that seeking help is looking for trouble, dangerous trouble.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:42 -0400)

Emily and her brother Navin head for Kanalis to find an antidote for the poison that is killing their mother.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,428,829 books! | Top bar: Always visible