Halfbreed Warrior (Leisure Historical…

Halfbreed Warrior (Leisure Historical Romance)

by Bobbi Smith

251428,870 (2)1

Okay...first I must say that it pains me to leave a bad review. I'm sure Bobbi Smith is a lovely person and I hate to be negative or risk hurting feelings...but I also feel I need to be honest as I appreciate it in other reviews I read. The reason I bought this book is because I read Runaway by the same author and really enjoyed it, I thought this book had a lot of potential and with good reviews it seemed safe. It seems to me that the author wrote this book when she was in high school. It was really remedial and superficial. Basic dialog and characters I never liked.
Brandi, the heroine, was really nothing more than a child. She was also so totally perfect, beautiful and wonderful at everything she did that every character in the book had to comment on her greatness constantly. I don't consider myself particularly catty...but I was left almost hating Brandi.
Same with Hawk, the hero. Oh, he was a half-breed...but women outright threw themselves at him despite it (he was SO handsome) and we again had to listen to several characters go on and on about what an amazing warrior he was.
I wanted to stop reading the book constantly but forced myself through it because I think it's unfair to leave a review on an unfinished book. It never got better.
I was thinking I could give it two stars and suggest it for high school age girls but then in the end the author threw in a little "R" rated behavior....which felt really wrong given that I never considered Brandi more than a child.
At one point Brandi called Hawk her "love warrior" which just seemed unbelievably cheesy.
I cannot figure out why others seemed to really enjoy something that I disliked so much.
I did just finish reading some excellent books, so perhaps my standards are higher...and everyone's tastes are different.....
So, my apologies to Bobbi Smith for the bad review...I did enjoy Runaway.
But I cannot recommend this one when there are so many other great books out there to read. ( )
  tbsomeday | Sep 27, 2010 |

When a mysterious stranger arrives on her ranch, Randi Stockton finds herself drawn to this part-Comanche warrior who is her only hope of exposing a traitor in their midst.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,412,436 books! | Top bar: Always visible