Doft av rosor by Nora Roberts

Doft av rosor (original 2009; edition 2009)

by Nora Roberts (Author), Tove Janson Borglund (Translator)

Member:petrahogkvist
Title:Doft av rosor
Authors:Nora Roberts (Author)
Other authors:Tove Janson Borglund (Translator)
Info:Albert Bonniers Förlag
Rating:***
Tags:I Nöd och Lust

Bed of Roses by Nora Roberts (2009)

Recently added byrena75, snowsigns67, PinkyLiborci

English (58)  Spanish (1)  All languages (59)
MacKensie, Emma, Laurel, and Parker spent many childhood moments playing Wedding Day, and as adults have built a business around providing perfect wedding days for others. Now, one by one, they're finding their own mates.

In Bed of Roses, it's the turn of Emmaline Grant, the talented and dedicated florist for Vows. Emma loves romance, loves men, and has an active social life, but she's never met that one man who could give her the true, lifetime romance she dreams of. Or rather, she has, but she hasn't allowed herself to realize it. Jack Cooke is too determined not to repeat his divorced parents' mistake of getting married, to ever commit to the lifelong relationship she wants, and too close to all four of the friends to risk the messiness of a relationship that might end badly.

Then circumstances throw them together repeatedly, and they find themselves embarking on a relationship they both regard with trepidation. Mirroring Mac & Carter's relationship, it's Emma that has the faith and confidence to trust to love, and Jack who resists, denies, panics as he realizes what's happening. As usual, Roberts does a wonderful job in developing the characters and letting their relationship unfold, progress, and build to a crisis.

Recommended.

No review copy this time; I borrowed this book from the local library. ( )
  LisCarey | Sep 19, 2018 |
Another amazing read, I am so happy that my best friend suggested this series it is absolutely amazing, I just can't put the books down. Really excited to finish the series. ( )
  WormsReview | Aug 31, 2018 |
My review

Mackenzie, Emmaline, Laurel, and Parker. Best friends business partners = LOVE. Every time I reread her stories I find something new that I overlooked. ( )
  ig3514 | Jun 1, 2018 |
Bed of Roses
3 Stars

A straightforward and relaxing contemporary romance with no spectacular twists.

The emotional intensity and involvement in this installment is better than in the first, but the descriptions of Mac's vocation are more interesting as the focus on the flower business in the this is excessive. ( )
  Lauren2013 | May 24, 2018 |
I really enjoyed Jack and Emma. They had great chemistry and lots of passion! Looking forward to Laurels Story. ( )
  MyaB | Apr 25, 2018 |
Though there are few surprises in this cute courtship, those with a TiVo full of Bridezillas should enjoy it, thanks largely to Roberts's effortless wit.
added by Shortride | editPublishers Weekly (Aug 24, 2009)

Nora Robertsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Dawe, AngelaReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
And 'tis my faith that every flower
Enjoys the air it breathes.
Wordsworth
Love is like a friendship caught on fire.
Bruce Lee
For girlfriends
Romance, in Emmaline's opinion, made being a woman special.

Since she was a little girl, Emma Grant has always loved romance. So it's really no surprise that she has found her calling as a wedding florist. She gets to play with flowers every day and work with her three best friends in the process. She couldn't ask for a better job. And on the surface, Emma's love life seems to be thriving. Slim and sultry, she brings color into every room she enters, just like the arrangements she creates. Though men swarm around her, she still hasn't found Mr. Right. And the last place she's looking is right under her nose. But that's just where Jack Cooke is. He's been best friends with Parker's brother for years, which makes him practically family. But the architect has begun to admit to himself that his feelings for Emma have developed into much more than friendship. And when Emma returns his passion - kiss for blistering kiss - things start to get complicated at Vows. Jack has never been big on commitment. Emma yearns for a lifelong love affair. And if the two are to find common ground, they must trust in their history - and in their hearts.

The four founders of Vows, Connecticut's premier wedding planning company, were childhood friends. Join in this colorful tangle of family ties, old friends, and newfound passion.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,323,622 books! | Top bar: Always visible