Sounds of Silence by Elizabeth White
28None389,858 (4.29)None

No reviews
The Lord protects the foreigners among us. He cares for the orphans and widows, but He frustrates the plans of the wicked.
       ---Psalms 146:9
This book is dedicated to the missions ministry of First Baptist North Mobile. Keep on serving and sharing the Good News!

I'm grateful for my critique partners---Scott, Tammy and Sheri---and my editor, Diane Dietz. You make me a better writer.

Thanks as well to several people who lent their expertise as I researched details for this book. Glenda Perkins, teacher of hearing impaired students in Mobile County Public Schools, read the manuscript and gave great suggestions. ATF agent and former Border Patrol Agent Michael Knoll answered about a million questions with great patience and clarity. Cena Goff helped with nursing issues, and Ken Foster---firefighter extraordinaire---answered questions regarding, well, fires. Susan Howell answered a couple of horse questions. All mistakes are mine.

My friend and fellow author Jane Myers Perrine helped once more with Spanish translation. Thanks for your time, senora.

I would never have been able to give this book the richness of detail it deserved, without observing and interviewing several of God's choice servants who minister on the Texas/Mexico border. Rosie, Aurora, Pastor Pablo, Dennis, Terry and others involved with Texas River Ministries---I pray for you regularly. Thank you for letting me share Christ in your corner of the world.
Prologue

Ciudad Acuno, Mexico

Mercedes woke up when something nudged her in the ribs.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373442270, Mass Market Paperback)

Silent Witness

Border Patrol agent Eli Carmichael knew the deaf child he'd found outside a Mexican orphanage was harboring a dark secret -- she was carrying a bloodstained knife and was clearly traumatized. To keep her safe, he turned to trusted neighbor Isabel Valenzuela. A sense of duty had kept Eli close to his fellow agent's widow and her young son over the past year, and now Eli was spending more time with Isabel and the kids, trying to determine exactly what the girl had seen. Under Isabel's gentle care, the child began to open up. But the killers were close by, and determined to silence the girl forever . . .

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:07 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,563,204 books! | Top bar: Always visible