The Ask and the Answer: Chaos Walking: Book…

The Ask and the Answer: Chaos Walking: Book Two (edition 2010)

by Patrick Ness

Member:Eurekas
Title:The Ask and the Answer: Chaos Walking: Book Two
Authors:Patrick Ness
Info:Candlewick (2010), Edition: 1 Reprint, Paperback, 528 pages
Tags:Young Adult Fiction / Fantasy / American

The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness

English (130)  Dutch (2)  All languages (132)
Really enjoying this increasingly dystopian world with actual character development. ( )
  kale.dyer | Aug 20, 2016 |
More like 3.75 stars...

So this was so much better than The Knife of Never Letting Go (TKNLG). I really enjoyed how much more I got to know Todd and Viola and I am really interested in how much of a role the Spackle are going to play in the story to come... If you enjoyed TKNLG then I think you would in enjoy TAATA. ( )
  wkeblejr | Aug 3, 2016 |
Once again, a rollercoaster of a book. However, I couldn't read this as fast as The Knife of Never Letting Go as there are some very violent scenes and I had to put it down and walk away from it. Definitely not for the faint-hearted! ( )
  mmacd3814 | May 30, 2016 |
First read: May 2013

Reread Review:
This book is just effing brilliant! I never thought I would be such an emotional wreck on a damn re-read but I was! This book is a crazy as hell journey filled with a level of hatred for characters that I have not yet experienced. At the same time, the love felt for our two main characters transcends anything I have read. There has been no declaration of love, no kiss, nothing, and yet their bond and love for each other is so incredibly strong and heartfelt that there truly can be no one who can stand in their way.

This is an amazing read but one that will flip your head inside out with the amount of Jedi mind tricks, betrayal. lies, and deception going on. Whew is it too early for a cocktail?

Another fantastic buddy read with Andrew." ( )
  JulieCovington | May 29, 2016 |
READ IN ENGLISH

This second part of the Chaos Walking-Trilogy (The Ask and The Answer) is, as we speak (so to say), making it's way through the bookstores for the first time in Dutch translation. (Or, so I'm told. I haven't had the time to go and see for myself). I really hope they haven't ruined the book, for it would be a shame. Still, I have recommended everyone to read it in English. Just to be sure they will enjoyed as much as I did. I already mentioned during discussing the first book (The Knife of Never Letting Go) my frustrashun about the fact it wasn't translated already. It seemed like somehow it was completely overlooked by publishers (although they have published lots of other YA Dystopian Novels).

But this book isn't your normal YA Dystopian Novel, it is so original, thrilling and I believe I even cried during this book. (Which really isn't something I do a lot whilst reading). Once more, I would recommend this to everyone! ( )
  Floratina | May 26, 2016 |

Patrick Nessprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dawe, AngelaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Podehl, NickNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Battle not with monsters lest you become a monster and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you. Friedrich Nietzsche
For Patrick Gale
"Your Noise reveals you, Todd Hewitt."
We are the choices we make.
"You are either forgetting or do not know that we already fought a great war, a war to end all wars, at just about the time you would have been born. If any repeat of that can be avoided—" (p. 36)
She looks at me carefully. "Appeasement," she says. "That's what it's called. Appeasement. It's a slippery slope."
   "What does it mean?"
   "It means you want to work with the enemy. It means you'd rather join him than beat him, and it's a sure-fire way to stay beaten."
(p. 153)
"You've got to be practical," Mayor Ledger says, "even in the face of tyrants."
(p. 301)
"I was only following orders," the Mayor mocks. "The refuge of scoundrels since the dawn of time."
(p. 454)

We are the choices
we make: do I fight or join
with my enemy?
(passion4reading)

Alternate chapters follow teenagers Todd and Viola, who become separated as the Mayor's oppressive new regime takes power in New Prentisstown, a space colony where residents can hear each other's thoughts.

Candlewick Press

2 editions of this book were published by Candlewick Press.

Editions: 0763644900, 076364837X

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,484,428 books! | Top bar: Always visible