Smooth Talking Stranger by Lisa Kleypas

Smooth Talking Stranger (edition 2009)

by Lisa Kleypas

Jack Travis leads the uncomplicated life of a millionaire Texas playboy. He makes no commitments, he loves many women, he lives for pleasure. Until one day, a woman appears on his doorstep with fury on her face and a baby in her arms. It seems Jack is the father and this woman is the baby's aunt.
Member:bwright2004
Title:Smooth Talking Stranger
Authors:Lisa Kleypas
Info:St. Martin's Press (2009), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 352 pages

Smooth Talking Stranger by Lisa Kleypas

English (31)  Norwegian (1)  All languages (32)
"5 out of 5 stars!! This story of Ella & Jack I just LOVED!! The way he just swooped in and took care of her, even when she didn't want it, was..."

Read more of this review and TWO TEASERS here: https://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2010/07/idolizing-in-smooth-talking-s... ( )
  fromjesstoyou | Feb 12, 2019 |
Smooth Talking Stranger by Lisa Kleypas (Audio Edition)
Narrated by Emily Durante
The Travises #3

5 Stars - Jack Travis.. gotta love him! He's a sweet guy who's just waiting for the right girl to start a family with and the minute Ella walks into his life you can tell he's found her! While he's a man who believes in equality, he also believe's that there are just some things men should do. He's was always on her side, always there for her to lean on when she needed and I truly loved that about him.

Ella is a caring woman, who at times jumps to conclusions without thinking there could possibly be any other explanation. Which made me shake my head, but in the end she's dependable and level headed enough to know when she needs to rethink her views.

The attraction between these two was felt right from the start and I enjoyed watching it bloom. I think this was my favourite book in the series. Though I really did love Gage too. Tough call! These Travis men make it hard to decide. The ending of this book was perfect. There is one more book in this series.. Joe's story. I will read that when I get my hands on it.

Emily Durante did a great job with the narration. I thought her male voices were well done and she had a nice southern accent. I would listen to her again.

Original review posted at: http://paragraphsandpetticoats.blogspot.ca/ ( )
  MyaB | Apr 25, 2018 |
Excellent contemporary romance with really smart writing, humor, likeable characters, and a full and interesting story.

Ella Varner learns about her sister’s pregnancy when she receives a call from their mother that Tara has left her week-old baby boy with her and taken off. Their mother is unwilling to admit to being a grandmother, let alone take care of the infant, so Ella is expected to drop everything in her own life (including her longtime boyfriend who has made it clear he never wants children) to pick up the pieces. Their family history is full of abandonment, negligence, narcissism, and abuse, and their relationship is a toxic one. Ella sums it up by saying,

“I didn’t think I would have survived my childhood without my sister, or she without me. We were each other’s only link to the past…that was the strength of our bond, and also our weakness.”

Ella makes it her mission to locate the baby’s father and ensure that he take on some of the responsibility for the future security of the baby and his mother. At the top of the list is Jack Travis, a successful businessman from a wealthy family who is known as an extreme playboy. He insists he could not be the father but agrees to take a paternity test, and proves to be a truly decent guy by stepping in to help make Ella’s transition to becoming Baby Luke’s guardian an easier one.

This story was a real pleasure to read. The evolution of their relationship was a slow one, which made it believable. Jack recognized the roadblocks that Ella put up and hid behind to protect herself, and he was patient and determined to break them down after gaining her trust. Their banter was smart and funny, even when they were having an argument they could smile at each other. There were great moments thrown in that made me laugh.

“You are so full of yourself…and you would not be good for me, with your steaks and power tools and your attention-deficit libido, and…I’ll bet you’re a card-carrying member of the NRA. Admit it, you are.”

Lisa Kleypas is a master at writing her Regency-era novels, and I am so happy to see that she does the same when she switches to contemporary. This was a very well written and complete story. ( )
  AddictedToMorphemes | Nov 28, 2017 |
My favorite out of the whole series... hoping for more about this family. So well written. ( )
  AmyJ71 | Jun 20, 2017 |
RATED ALL THE DAMN STARS IN THE SKY!

YOU HAVE ANY? I'M TAKING THOSE FOR THIS BOOK!

Jack Motherfucking" Travis FTW!! One of the best heroes of all time!"
  SheReadsALot | Jun 20, 2016 |

Lisa Kleypasprimary authorall editionscalculated
Busnel, AnneTraductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Domingeuz, Ana IsabelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Durante, EmilyReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rodriguez, Maria del MarTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Greg
because every day I spend with you is the perfect day

love always,

L.K.
"Don't get it, " I said as I heard the ringtone of our apartment phone.

Jack Travis leads the uncomplicated life of a millionaire Texas playboy. He makes no commitments, he loves many women, he lives for pleasure. But no one has ever truly touched his heart or soul. Until one day, a woman appears on his doorstep with fury on her face and a baby in her arms. It seems Jack is the father and this woman is the baby’s aunt. The real mother has abandoned the child to her more responsible sister. And now, Jack is being called upon to take responsibility for the first time in his life. With delicious romantic tension, characters so real they walk onto the page and into your heart, Lisa Kleypas delivers the kind of novel that makes you laugh, love; cry and cheer.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,858,044 books! | Top bar: Always visible