The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han

The Summer I Turned Pretty (edition 2010)

by Jenny Han

Member:beccahall
Title:The Summer I Turned Pretty
Authors:Jenny Han
Info:Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (2010), Edition: 1, Paperback, 304 pages
Rating:*****

The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han

English (79)  Spanish (1)  All languages (80)
This is one of my top favorite books. I love how this book was written and I just think it flowed really well. Belly spends the summer at the beach every year but this summer was different because she was finally old enough to hang with the guys. Conrad and Jeremiah were a little older than Belly so it was weird when she tried to hang out with the boys. This summer when she turned 16 a lot has happened and is filled with drama. ( )
  LMarkowitz | Apr 14, 2016 |
[Tuesday, January 24, 2012] Belly spends the summer she turns sixteen at the beach just like every other summer of her life, but this time things are very different.

[‎Thursday, ‎March ‎29, ‎2012] I began an hour or so ago, reached chapter 16 quickly, and I like Jeremiah more already, but to tell you the truth I don't like Belly. She's into two brothers, she's jealous all the time, and she is very judgmental. And I don't like people who don't like Jane Austen.

[Saturday, ‎March ‎31, ‎2012] *SPOILERS* I cried when everyone discovered Suzanne was dying. Saying goodbye is so hard. Though I knew it all along. But I didn't like the ending at all. I wished Belly would have picked Jeremiah. But she loves Conrad.

I can't believe they didn't write the whole poem they recited in the pool in the end though, it was kind of a closure. And I didn't like how Belly treated Cam, he's a good guy. ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |

mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
This coming of age book didn't really thrill me. I never fully connected with Belly (Isabel) as I often found her selfish and immature, although I did quite like the boys, especially Jeremiah who was more friendly and approachable than his older brother, Conrad.

The story is set during the summer Belly turns sixteen with flashbacks to other summers spent at the beach house and while it deals with first love there is a sense of sadness pervading throughout the book. Even though I thought the book was average at best, I can understand why tweens would enjoy it. ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jan 22, 2016 |
I had heard this author Jenny Han was a good author. This was the first of her books I have read, but I would probably read others. It was a sweet book and a fast read. It would a good book for middle school age readers, especially girls, since the main character deals with getting older and love and family. I would definitely recommend this to readers.
  KristenNevala | Jan 18, 2016 |
To the most important sister women in my life and especially Claire
I say, "I can't believe you're really here."

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,261,368 books! | Top bar: Always visible