The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han

The Summer I Turned Pretty (edition 2010)

by Jenny Han

Member:beccahall
Title:The Summer I Turned Pretty
Authors:Jenny Han
Info:Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (2010), Edition: 1, Paperback, 304 pages
Rating:*****

The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han

English (85)  Spanish (1)  English (86)
I picked this book because I was feeling nostalgic and missing summer, and I'm glad I did. It was such a good treat. I finished it in one day. The story revolves around Belly, this fifteen year old girl who spends every summer at her mom's best friend summer house. She has two sons who are around Belly's same age and of course she has feelings for one of the boys. And this summer she hopes things will change and he will finally notice her.

I loved this story, I related to it so much. I found myself being transported back in time to my summers. I couldn't help comparing myself to Belly in a lot of ways. This is the first book I've read by Jenny Han and I really liked her style of writing. The plot was good and the story was well written. The flashback went along well and they weren't confusing like other books. I loved all the characters, especially Suzanne and Conrad. Suzanne was just the embodiment of summer, she was just a really lovable character. Ive seen a few reviews where they say Belly was annoying and immature, and while she sometimes was I understand her though. She is a fifteen year old girl. of course she is thinking about boys and she is confused and a little whiny. But hey I was fifteen once too and I'm pretty sure I was the same way too lol.

Anyways I loved the book, I will definitely pick up the others, though I'm a little worried. I'm afraid to see what happens. ( )
  miss_booklion | Nov 6, 2016 |
Good summer reading recommendation for tweens and young teens... older teens may not be interested ( )
  mleivers | Aug 29, 2016 |
Overall, I liked this book. I did find the main character, Belly, to be a bit whiny and annoying sometimes. The fact that she was only 15/16 made me forgive it (to a degree) because she's still growing up and is unsure about herself. The ending bothered me a bit, though. It wasn't really a cliffhanger, but I was left with a lot of questions. ( )
  missyk0117 | Jun 20, 2016 |
I have seen this book sitting on the shelf at work for over 3 years now. I was wandering the YA section on Tuesday, looking for some books to take home (my good buddy Shonica stocks our YA section with the best books!), and I finally decided to grab it and read it. I have to say, I'm a little upset with myself that I didn't pick this one up sooner. It is a really good book. I have already put books 2 & 3 on hold. I can't wait to see where Belly, Jeremiah, and Conrad's story goes next! ( )
  CarpeLibrum58 | Jun 4, 2016 |
I just finished this book like 2 minutes ago and OH MY GOD it is AMAZING!!! At first I was a little skeptical because I don't read the whole beachy romance novels, or romance novels in general but this one just pulled me in and made me fall in love! The characters the romance, the fights, the sadness, it was just a heap of emotion.
  bethanyrenee13 | May 13, 2016 |
To the most important sister women in my life and especially Claire
I say, "I can't believe you're really here."

Belly spends the summer she turns sixteen at the beach just like every other summer of her life, but this time things are very different.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,663,864 books! | Top bar: Always visible