The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han

The Summer I Turned Pretty (edition 2010)

by Jenny Han

1,198936,687 (3.87)14
Member:beccahall
Title:The Summer I Turned Pretty
Authors:Jenny Han
Info:Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (2010), Edition: 1, Paperback, 304 pages
Rating:*****

The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han

English (92)  Spanish (1)  All (93)
it wasn't that great. i definitely won't read the sequel. ( )
  Banoczi_Henrietta | Jun 19, 2017 |
Pleasantly surprised at how much I actually enjoyed this book. I just finished this book and still not totally sure what to say.

It kept you really interested because of how well Jenny Han wrote the book. You get involved with the characters and she makes you love them..And even strongly dislike them sometimes. It was fun, sweet, sad, funny and makes you wish you had people in your life like some of them.

I really did love Susannah the most if I had to choose between the Moms...And I loved Jeremiah he had such a sweet spirit about him. Conrad, even with all of his coldness, you still had to like him and root for him a little bit. Do I have a favorite between the two? Of course, Jeremiah!!...But by the end of the book, I had totally loved both of the young men.

The book ending had a perfect ending as far as cliff hangers go. I had ordered the other two books when I was barely halfway through this one. That's how much I enjoyed it. I can't wait to see what happens between them all.

Will I get to them both as soon as I get them in the mail? Probably not. I still have other books I will try to get to before I finish them..But I might have to push them up sooner than expected. Usually, I am not one to like to read series back to back because I tend to get bored with the books...It's rare I do it that way..(I have a few times)

I think, the series as a whole, may be one of my favorite series once I finish them all if her writing remains as wonderful as this one. Sometimes, when I get this pleasantly surprised by books, I sometimes tend not to like the others in the series, but sometimes, I have been surprised...And I hope that this is one of those cases! :-) ( )
  obridget2 | May 14, 2017 |
I feel as this would not be a book to do a lesson on but it would be a great book to recommend to girls that are struggling with coming of age and that are transitioning from middle school to high school. ( )
  maddiesullivan223 | May 4, 2017 |
Good for a light read. I like flawed realistic characters. Although Belly's immaturity is quite annoying, she eventually learns her mistakes in the end. ( )
  phoibee | Apr 23, 2017 |
I picked this book because I was feeling nostalgic and missing summer, and I'm glad I did. It was such a good treat. I finished it in one day. The story revolves around Belly, this fifteen year old girl who spends every summer at her mom's best friend summer house. She has two sons who are around Belly's same age and of course she has feelings for one of the boys. And this summer she hopes things will change and he will finally notice her.

I loved this story, I related to it so much. I found myself being transported back in time to my summers. I couldn't help comparing myself to Belly in a lot of ways. This is the first book I've read by Jenny Han and I really liked her style of writing. The plot was good and the story was well written. The flashback went along well and they weren't confusing like other books. I loved all the characters, especially Suzanne and Conrad. Suzanne was just the embodiment of summer, she was just a really lovable character. Ive seen a few reviews where they say Belly was annoying and immature, and while she sometimes was I understand her though. She is a fifteen year old girl. of course she is thinking about boys and she is confused and a little whiny. But hey I was fifteen once too and I'm pretty sure I was the same way too lol.

Anyways I loved the book, I will definitely pick up the others, though I'm a little worried. I'm afraid to see what happens. ( )
  miss_booklion | Nov 6, 2016 |
To the most important sister women in my life and especially Claire
I say, "I can't believe you're really here."

Belly spends the summer she turns sixteen at the beach just like every other summer of her life, but this time things are very different.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,160,693 books! | Top bar: Always visible