The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han

The Summer I Turned Pretty (edition 2010)

by Jenny Han

Member:beccahall
Title:The Summer I Turned Pretty
Authors:Jenny Han
Info:Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (2010), Edition: 1, Paperback, 304 pages
Rating:*****

The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han

English (73)  Spanish (1)  All languages (74)
Belly spends the better half of the year counting down the days until summer vacation. Fall, winter, spring, they don't matter. It's summer when she comes alive, when she can let loose and live freely.

She's never missed a summer at the beach house and she never plans to.

Spending the weeks lounging around by the pool with Jeremiah and Conrad, watching old movies with her mom and Susannah, going into town to get ice cream with Steven.

All her best memories happen at the beach house, all her firsts, everything important starts and ends in Cousins.

But this summer things start to change, people start to grow apart, lines are drawn in the sand and somehow the magic of summer starts to fade right before Belly's very eyes.

Amazon - Barnes and Noble - Book Depository

------------------------------------------

I ended up liking this book a lot more than I thought I would. When I first started it I was a little put off by how immature Belly was and frankly how annoying her character was but the more I read the more the book as a whole outweighed my dislike of her.

Yes she did have her moments and her tempter tantrums but I just had to keep reminding myself that she was only 15 and sadly some 15 year old's I know do act like that.

What I did like about the book were the other characters, obviously Conrad and Jeremiah and even Steven and Belly's mom but it was Susannah that kept me reading. Susannah and her beach house are what made me fall in love with this book.

The second I opened it up I would find myself smelling the faint scent of sunblock, chlorine and salt air.

I found myself turning the pages and longing for sand between my toes and slight sunburn on my forehead.

If you're looking for a fast, beach read that makes you nostalgic for your childhood summers I highly recommend picking this up.

Until next time,
Ginger ( )
  Ginger_reader22 | Apr 5, 2015 |
Originally published: New York : Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, c2009.
  Bookman1954 | Feb 17, 2015 |
To the most important sister women in my life and especially Claire
I say, "I can't believe you're really here."

Belly spends the summer she turns sixteen at the beach just like every other summer of her life, but this time things are very different.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,926,687 books! | Top bar: Always visible