One Grave Too Many (Diane Fallon Forensic…

One Grave Too Many (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation, No. 1) (edition 2004)

by Beverly Connor

Member:HRC0826
Title:One Grave Too Many (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation, No. 1)
Authors:Beverly Connor
Info:Onyx (2004), Mass Market Paperback, 400 pages
Collections:Your library, To read
Rating:***1/2
Tags:Mystery

One Grave Too Many by Beverly Connor

I have read them all and I love this series by Beverly Conner. The heroine of the series is the head of the museum and also an anthropologist that works with the police department. The forensics lab is a separate part of the museum. She seldom sees eye to eye with the police but she is always fair. some of the people she deals with are difficult to say the least but she always has the last word. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
And the award for most unusual boss goes to-- Diane Fallon at the RiverTrail Museum of Natural History in Georgia.

Fallon is a forensic anthropologist and the new director of the RiverTrail Museum in Rosewood, Georgia. Her life is sort of like a big game of chess. Her old flame Frank Duncan comes to her with a bone (literally) and she gets pulled into the investigation of the murder of a couple of Frank's friends even as the working with bones brings up bad and melancholy memories. At the same time as the murderer is trying to scare Fallon away, there are more political machinations going on at the museum against her too.

It's a great book, both stories complement each other, but don't tread on the other. There are unexpected twists and turns that are surprising but make sense, and the characters are awesome. They jump off the page and t hey're so real that I found myself rooting for some and despising others. (Probably as the author wanted). And whether 'good' or 'bad', they were all unique too.

This is a great start to a great forensic anthropologist/crime lab series. The PR says it could be compared to Patterson, Cornwell, personally I think it's significantly better than both. ( )
1 vote DanieXJ | Feb 24, 2014 |
I really didn't think I would enjoy this book much when I started it. It's very similar to the Eve Duncan series by Iris Johannson and so I figured it would be boring to me.. I was wrong. It is similar in some aspects, but I really liked the characters. The story was well written and good too. I will definitely be adding this author and series to my list to read. ( )
1 vote Barb_H | Jul 13, 2013 |
Evidently this was the first Diane Fallon book. I think I would give the series another try just to see if things become smoother. I agree with the reviewer who thought there were too many characters and too many plot lines. It cluttered up the story. ( )
1 vote PermaSwooned | Nov 18, 2012 |
One Grave Too Many by Beverly Connor is the first book in her series about Diane Fallon, a forensic anthropologist who, at the beginning of the book has decided to start over as the director of the Rivertrail Museum of Natural History. On the day of the museum’s grand opening, her former boyfriend, Detective Frank Duncan comes to her for help with a human bone found in the woods. Even though she has vowed not to get involved in this type of work again, it isn’t too long before she is helping Frank to hopefully clear the surviving member of a murdered family.

Along with this mystery, there is also something going on at the museum, someone is obviously trying to make Diane appear incompetent. A number of board members are pushing to have the museum moved as there is interest in developing the land into a golf course resort. Also Diane has not recovered from her last forensic job that had her working on mass graves in a small South American country.

It took me awhile to get into this book as the author juggled various plotlines and I wondered exactly where the story was going but eventually all the threads were gathered and entwined together. As the characters never really grabbed me and I actually found the academic politics more interesting than the murder plot, I doubt that I will be continuing on with the series.

For me, One Grave Too Many was a quick, light read that just didn’t quite satisfy. ( )
1 vote DeltaQueen50 | Oct 28, 2012 |
To Diane Trap
"His head isn't on straight."

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451411196, Mass Market Paperback)

With spot-on details, a smart new voice, and ingenious plot twists, Beverly Connor has been compared to the hottest crime writers on the scene. Now, she ratchets up the suspense with a brand new series featuring one of today's most cunning and complex sleuths: forensic anthropologist Diane Fallon. Her new job as director of the RiverTrail Museum of Natural History in Georgia takes Diane out of the game-until a former love and a murdered family bring her back in.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:37 -0400)

Ex-forensic anthropologist, Diane Fallon, finds her past catching up to her when her former lover, Detective Frank Duncan, asks for her help in examining a bone he found in the woods, a grisly discovery that is linked to her family.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,814,895 books! | Top bar: Always visible