The Story of the Phantom by Lee Falk

The Story of the Phantom

by Lee Falk

A fascinating story. It goes into a lot more detail than any of the strips ever did (as far as I know) - it starts with the birth of Kit, who will be the twenty-first Phantom. It follows his growing up in the jungle, then his education in America, and how he met Diana Palmer, and ends as he becomes the Phantom in truth. It's basically all back-story, with minor adventures and stories of old adventures mixed in, but it conveys a _lot_ about the Phantom line and the Twenty-first in particular. Very rich. Of course now I want to read more - and yay, I have the whole series now! I was afraid the book wouldn't be as good as I remembered - it's been a good few years since I read it last - but it drew me right in. A great story. ( )
  jjmcgaffey | Nov 13, 2009 |

The story begins as an expedition lads on the island of Bengalla, seeking the legendary skulls of Touganda. Believed to harness an energy force of incalculable power, the skulls could spell disaster for mankind. And that's exactly what ruthless tycoon Xander Drax has in mind...unless one man can save it.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,391,814 books! | Top bar: Always visible