City Secrets: Rome by Robert Kahn

City Secrets: Rome

by Robert Kahn

Series: City Secrets

This book was such a delight to use when I was in Rome (way back in 2001). It is no substitute for a more mass market guide book (unless you want to sleep in parks), but is a wonderful companion to Rome by those who love the city and its culture, history and people. It is also a great book to read about Rome, whether you are there or not: it is packed with fascinating insights and little known facts. And I love such idiosyncratic gems as: if it snows in Rome, go straight to the Pantheon and watch the column of snow descend from the oculus (p. 109)
1 vote Iacobus | May 6, 2009 |
This is a completely ENJOYABLE book to read! A PURE DELIGHT!! Especially for those of us who have had the good fortune to have lived in Rome at some time in our lives. ( )
  michelarch | Mar 23, 2009 |
I love this book. Delightful just to read. Lots to discover, even on your 20th, 100th....trip to Rome. My only criticism is that the light grey text is hard to read with "older eyes" in less than bright daylight. ( )
  saliero | Feb 16, 2008 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,538,702 books! | Top bar: Always visible