Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Zero at the Bone by Jane Seville

Zero at the Bone

by Jane Seville

English (29)  German (1)  All languages (30)
Story: 8
Ridiculousness: 5
Annoying: 3
Audio: 9
To re-read: 10

this reads like a summer action blockbuster. hitmen, car chasing, cliche bad guys, FBI etc..
first read the kindle version then got to listen to the audio version. ( )
  lulumiami | Sep 3, 2017 |
This story is very popular and I can see why. A good guy doctor falling for a dark, troubled hit man? And both men on the run from the real bad guys you couldn't have even thought up on your own?

Yeah man, this story will hit you like a speeding bullet. I'm not even rehashing the plot because I'm probably like one of the few who haven't read it yet. I just had this book collecting dust on in my TBR.

After reading the ever popular Zero at the Bone", what do I think?

D.

And Jack.

D and Jack.

Alright, I'm a D fan for life.

D is delightful. D is desire. D is delicious. D is divine.

D Jack together? This is how I feel about them:

I've been wearing a grin on my face just reflecting back on these two. I even dreamed of D he's so ingrained in my head...this book is pretty awesome. The writing is great but the main character's intensity and total love for one another makes this story.

Of course I have a gripe, which has been commented on a few times but I suspended reality a little and imagined an bottle of lube materializing before the first sex scene because it must have just been forgotten, right? I mean two men just jumping into anal sex with no prep or lubrication is...it's just...I think of this:

And it niggled me...even after the excellent story following that scene (and the other one later in the story) so I must deduct from my original 5 star rating (But the story is so top notch I'm only taking away .5 star)

And seriously the story is that good. It's an action packed emotional roller coaster ride of yum, fun and danger all mixed up in cherry cordial goodness. (Heh.)

So I'm going to wiggle on thinking about these two from time to time...probably will revisit them just because it's so good.
I love their love and I'm in such a good mood.

I'm going to take my happy ass on out of here. FOUR & A HALF STARS
" ( )
  SheReadsALot | Jun 20, 2016 |
❤️❤️❤️ Sweet D ❤️❤️❤️

Amazing book and equally amazing Audio...

I am landing at 5 well deserved stars for this Audiobook. Alan Smith captured these men perfectly...especially the sweet and reserved D. I adored that character.

As far as the story goes...well like To Catch a Fox" this one reads like a movie...

...I was captivated from the start. On the run excitement, chases, holding up in seclusion, and of course the ever popular chocolate covered cherries...

And while I loved this, the book lands closer to a 4 for me due to 2 things...

1. D never ate a chocolate covered cherry. :/
2. The word condom is present twice and not in the context that matters...there was no mention of safe sex at all...no concern or even discussion and many times there was no lubricant anywhere in sight. Maybe it shouldn't have bothered me but it kinda did.

Overall though I highly recommend this...especially the Audio...it's not to be missed. :)

*****

GET THE AUDIOBOOK! GET THE AUDIOBOOK! GET THE AUDIOBOOK! - Marco

I GOT THE AUDIOBOOK! I GOT THE AUDIOBOOK! I GOT THE AUDIOBOOK! - Julie " ( )
  JulieCovington | May 29, 2016 |
I hate to give a 1 star for this since I seem to be the only person on Earth who didn't like this book, but nothing about this book worked for me.

I could not stand the way D spoke. It drove me nuts trying to read it. I hated how closed off D was. Made him seem like a robot to me, which I get that was the point because of his job, but I was never able to get beyond the robot with him. He seemed to warm up to Jack, but not enough to make me like him or think of him as human or actually having real feelings for Jack.

And Jack drove me nuts too. While I understand why Jack was upset with D about not opening up, did he have to get pissy and storm off or not speak to him every time, which made him come across as an annoying, nagging, drama queen? The guy is a freakin hitman. You thought he'd be sunshine and rainbows and things would be easy?! Please stop acting like a hormonal female, it's not attractive!

The whole mystery part of the story was kinda boring and seemed to make the story drag on forever even though nothing was really going on. It was just too slow to get going, so I was never able to get into it. ( )
  DreZ | Jan 15, 2015 |

DreZ | Jan 15, 2015 |
added by gsc55 | editHearts, Stephen (Sep 11, 2014)

added by gsc55 | editThe Novel Approach, Lisa (Oct 8, 2013)

"You got a better word for a guy that swept my chinmey fives times in one night?"
"No, Jack, we cain't sneak by. These aren't movie bad guys who don't got no peripheral vision and we can just slip past while they're lookin' the other way. You want your life, you gotta fuckin' take it."

Forced to work together to survive, the two men forge a bond that ripens into unexpected passion. Jack sees the wounded soul beneath D's cold, detached exterior, and D finds in Jack the person who can help him reclaim the man he once was. As the day of Jack's testimony approaches, he and D find themselves not only fighting for their lives... but also fighting for their future. A future together. [Dreamspinner Press]

"After witnessing a mob hit, surgeon Jack Francisco is put into protective custody to keep him safe until he can testify. A hitman known only as D is blackmailed into killing Jack, but when he tracks him down, his weary conscience won't allow him to murder an innocent man. Finding in each other an unlikely ally, Jack and D are soon on the run from shadowy enemies. Forced to work together to survive, the two men forge a bond that ripens into unexpected passion"--Publisher description.… (more)

Dreamspinner Press

2 editions of this book were published by Dreamspinner Press.

Editions: 1935192809, 1935192817

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,493,736 books! | Top bar: Always visible