Now You See Him by Stella Cameron

Now You See Him

by Stella Cameron

I didn't like the book in the beginning, and maybe I'm just not used to people responding the way they do in the book. However, I did start liking it once I read deeper. I think it was a good book, and I didn't guess the killer exactly until two or three chapters before they let it out. I didnt put together a hint I realized at the end of the book either!!!! ( )
  JulieMagen | Dec 25, 2011 |
Bayou Book Touissant Ellie and Joe Bookstore
  readingchair | Oct 29, 2007 |
This story takes place in Toussaint, Louisiana. Ellie Bryon owns a book store in Toussaint. Her friend and neighbor, Joe Gable, is an attorney. Several years ago a woman was killed with an ice pick during Mardi Gras that Ellie witnessed and now another woman has been killed. The killer of the first woman is in jail but has escaped. Ellie is terrified and turns to Joe for help. I couldn't get real attached to Joe for some reason but this is an okay mystery. ( )
1 vote DunnFunKat | Sep 6, 2007 |
I found this be a very good book. Easy to read, guessed the killer too far early in the book. First time reader of Cameron's and will definitely be reading more of her books. ( )
1 vote booklover3258 | Jul 28, 2006 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 077832219X, Mass Market Paperback)

Two years ago Ellie Byron was the only witness to the brutal murder of a young woman. Charles Penn, a hard-eyed man with a history of violence, was convicted of the crime. Now he's escaped -- and another woman is dead.

Ellie fears she may be next and turns to the only person she trusts; attorney Joe Gable. Joe would give his life to protect Ellie, but neither of them knows just how deadly an enemy they face -- or how close he is.

Then the police discover that both crimes mirror events in a bestselling mystery series. And when the third book in the series is released, Joe and Ellie realize that time has run out. Because in this book the killer eliminates the only threat to his freedom. The last death is the death of the witness.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:45 -0400)

After the man she sent to prison escapes, two murders occur, emulating a best-selling author's crime novels, and former witness Ellie Byron must team up with attorney Joe Gable to catch a killer when the third crime novel is released.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,739,186 books! | Top bar: Always visible