The Complete Anne of Green Gables Boxed Set…

The Complete Anne of Green Gables Boxed Set (Anne of Green Gables, Anne of… (edition 1998)

by L.M. Montgomery

Member:sarahejoy
Title:The Complete Anne of Green Gables Boxed Set (Anne of Green Gables, Anne of Avonlea, Anne of the Island, Anne of Windy Po
Authors:L.M. Montgomery
Info:Starfire (1998), Paperback, 497 pages

The Complete Anne of Green Gables [Books 1-8] by L. M. Montgomery

A sweet story of an orphan girl who finds her place in a small community. ( )
  makasireh | Nov 27, 2013 |
This is a eight book series that chronicles the life of Anne of Green Gables. These book expands her life from her rocky start to a full grown women.

I laughed, cried, lived and died right along with all of the characters in these books from beginning to end. It is well worth the read I have even got my daughter to read them it is a timeless classic that will continue to delight people for many generations. ( )
  sallyawolf | Feb 25, 2013 |
This book is about a girl names Anne who goes to live with a new family and find her way while trying to stay herself. This was one of my all time favorite book as a child.
  briannawg | Jun 10, 2012 |
Okay, there's no way I can be objective about this series. I first read these books as an impressionable child (I can't even remember how old I was, but using the publication date as a guide, as well as the ragged state of the paperboard slipcover encasing the books, I'm guessing I was around 10 years old). From the very first moment, I wanted to be Anne, to have that red hair of hers, to stand on the porch of Green Gables and look out over the rolling green fields, to wiggle my toes into the wind-swept dunes of Prince Edward Island. Over the years, I never relinquished my childish fantasy; in fact, I only reinforced it through repeated readings of the novels. And I still imagine that one day, I will travel to P.E.I. I will visit Green Gables and stand on that porch; I will see those dunes and feel the salty sea air in my now-red hair (thank you Clairol).It's true that not all the books in the series are equal in quality. The first three, I'd say, are the strongest, when Anne is still discovering her world and her place in it. Subsequent books became more prone to flights of fancy and romance, yet, despite that, Anne never lost her power to enthrall and inspire, and although her temper certainly mellowed, she never lost her fire. Frankly, I can't imagine a better role model for a young girl. Anne stood by me on those days when I felt sick, depressed, just downright awful about myself and the world. My first stirrings of romance and how love should be formed around Anne and Gilbert's "courting," even down to their very first moments when she cracked her slate over his head because he called her "Carrots." (After reading that scene, I realized the boy knocking me down in the playground wasn't actually being mean to me, but was expressing that he liked me. Silly boys.) Most importantly, I learned from Anne the importance of being oneself, even if doing so makes you stand out from the rest of the crowd. ( )
  LauraDragonWench | May 27, 2012 |
I love how she always got in trouble and talked like an old women threw everything and never lied and she is funny! ( )
  Karinafaiths | Feb 25, 2012 |
the isbn 0553609416 is associated with the complete boxed set.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0553609416, Mass Market Paperback)

When Marilla and Matthew Cuthbert of Green Gables, Prince Edward Island, send for a boy orphan to help them out at the farm, they are in no way prepared for the error that will change their lives. The mistake takes the shape of Anne Shirley, a redheaded 11-year-old girl who can talk anyone under the table. Fortunately, her sunny nature and quirky imagination quickly win over her reluctant foster parents. Anne's feisty spirit soon draws many friends--and much trouble--her way. Not a day goes by without some melodramatic new episode in the tragicomedy of her life. Early on, Anne declares her eternal antipathy for Gilbert Blythe, a classmate who commits the ultimate sin of mocking her hair color. Later, she accidentally dyes that same cursed hair green. Another time, in her haste to impress a new neighbor, she bakes a cake with liniment instead of vanilla. Lucy Maud Montgomery's series of books about Anne have remained classics since the early 20th century. Her portrayal of this feminine yet independent spirit has given generations of girls a strong female role model, while offering a taste of another, milder time in history. This lovely boxed gift collection comprises Anne of Green Gables, Anne of the Island, Anne of Avonlea, Anne of Windy Poplars, Anne's House of Dreams, Anne of Ingleside, Rainbow Valley, and Rilla of Ingleside. (Ages 9 to 12) --Emilie Coulter

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:26:39 -0400)

In Anne of Green Gables, Anne, an eleven-year-old orphan, is sent by mistake to live with a lonely, middle-aged brother and sister on a Prince Edward Island farm and proceeds to make an indelible impression on everyone around her. Anne of Avonlea continues the story as teenage Anne Shirley becomes a schoolteacher in a small village on Prince Edward Island.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,256,117 books! | Top bar: Always visible