The Complete Anne of Green Gables Boxed Set…

The Complete Anne of Green Gables Boxed Set (Anne of Green Gables, Anne of… (edition 1998)

by L.M. Montgomery

Member:sarahejoy
Title:The Complete Anne of Green Gables Boxed Set (Anne of Green Gables, Anne of Avonlea, Anne of the Island, Anne of Windy Po
Authors:L.M. Montgomery
Info:Starfire (1998), Paperback, 497 pages

The Complete Anne of Green Gables [Books 1-8] by L. M. Montgomery

Recently added byMisaBookworm, lizo27, JPSalter, private library, sara.in.clt, HeatherLINC, Karin7, SoulFlower1981

This was a fun read. I have always been interested in reading any of the Anne books because I am such a fan of the movies that were produced with Megan Follow in them. I went in with the knowledge that they may be different from each other, but I left this book being more charmed than I intended to be. I could feel the progression of Anne developing in the characterization of Montgomery in a way that I haven't felt in many other books. I knew she was growing up as I noticed subtle slight changes. It made me appreciate what a gifted writer is capable of doing if they put their mind to it. ( )
  SoulFlower1981 | Jan 20, 2016 |
I adored these books when I was a child, and the television series that aired on PBS. Some of my favorite childhood memories. It's a great perspective on imaginative children vs. the strict rules they had to follow, and what it was like to live on a farm in the late 19th century. ( )
  Malora | Jan 18, 2016 |
Great book, fascinating history.

It's entertainment at 7-11 and interesting Canadian history (plus a teensy weensy bit of romance) for 11-18. ( )
  BookwormClaire | Dec 29, 2015 |
Anne is a girl who has lost her parents she goes and finds two poeople to be like her parents she becomes the smartest student in school also her foster father dies. She also gets stuckin a pound a boy saves her . She thanks him the next day Anne and the boy has a connection those days when they met in the school. ( )
  AnikaU13 | Oct 27, 2015 |
Engaging and descriptive, you will feel as though you are with Anne every step of the way and feel the emotion she is experiencing. I absolutely love how she can make the best out of any situation, and learns from her mistakes. ( )
  alanbuffington | Sep 17, 2015 |

L. M. Montgomeryprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Stahl, BenCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
the isbn 0553609416 is associated with the complete boxed set.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0553609416, Mass Market Paperback)

When Marilla and Matthew Cuthbert of Green Gables, Prince Edward Island, send for a boy orphan to help them out at the farm, they are in no way prepared for the error that will change their lives. The mistake takes the shape of Anne Shirley, a redheaded 11-year-old girl who can talk anyone under the table. Fortunately, her sunny nature and quirky imagination quickly win over her reluctant foster parents. Anne's feisty spirit soon draws many friends--and much trouble--her way. Not a day goes by without some melodramatic new episode in the tragicomedy of her life. Early on, Anne declares her eternal antipathy for Gilbert Blythe, a classmate who commits the ultimate sin of mocking her hair color. Later, she accidentally dyes that same cursed hair green. Another time, in her haste to impress a new neighbor, she bakes a cake with liniment instead of vanilla. Lucy Maud Montgomery's series of books about Anne have remained classics since the early 20th century. Her portrayal of this feminine yet independent spirit has given generations of girls a strong female role model, while offering a taste of another, milder time in history. This lovely boxed gift collection comprises Anne of Green Gables, Anne of the Island, Anne of Avonlea, Anne of Windy Poplars, Anne's House of Dreams, Anne of Ingleside, Rainbow Valley, and Rilla of Ingleside. (Ages 9 to 12) --Emilie Coulter

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:46 -0400)

In Anne of Green Gables, Anne, an eleven-year-old orphan, is sent by mistake to live with a lonely, middle-aged brother and sister on a Prince Edward Island farm and proceeds to make an indelible impression on everyone around her. Anne of Avonlea continues the story as teenage Anne Shirley becomes a schoolteacher in a small village on Prince Edward Island.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,012,711 books! | Top bar: Always visible