Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 14: Warriors by…

Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 14: Warriors

by Brian Michael Bendis, Mark Bagley (Illustrator)

I’m bummed this is my last print of Ultimate Spiderman. This was the best of the three I’ve read, keeping it’s humorous slant but staying interesting with the shifting power plays and struggles in the city. Hammerhead has deemed to take over the city while Kingpin is forced to lay low, but all bad guys recruit their own help. Peter is in the outs with Mary Jane while (with humor) fending off the advances of the Black Cat (which I’ve fallen in love with through these stories.) Enigma on the Kingpin’s side and The Moon Night on his own side make a few appearances, all enjoyed. There’s a minor twist at the end that especially made me want to continue reading. The art is colorful and catchy, but sometimes the panels layout grows confusing. ( )
  ErinPaperbackstash | Jun 14, 2016 |
So the question is: as horrible as Mr. Fisk is, should Spider-Man do what he says because there's someone even worse on the scene?

There are a lot of people in the game in this issue, including a new guy named Moon Knight. And who's back? Felicia... and the cat has a thing for the Spider. Are things finally going Peter's way? Finally? Everything comes to a head with Black Cat, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Shang-Chi, Electra, Montana, Fancy Dan, and Hammerhead all going at it at once until Spider-Man traps them all in his web during the fight, so that he can call Captain Jeanne De Wolfe to come sort everything out. It's pretty darn epic, I have to admit. But things don't go exactly as Peter had hoped.

Of course they don't. Black Cat finds out he's just a kid. The bad guys escape. Aunt May tells Peter she'll kick him out of the house if he ditches school again. And the trustworthy cop is actually working for the bad guys. Oh Peter. When things go wrong... they really go wrong for you! ( )
  katekintail | Feb 26, 2016 |
What was that?

This was basically just a mass of people in costumes I know little to nothing about, kicking each other's asses. And then there's Black Cat being... distinctly odd. And then there's also the mess of teenage hormones re: Peter and Mary Jane.

Not sure what Aunt May is going to do next; that was maybe the best part of this volume, other than maybe the lady cop. ( )
  shanaqui | Nov 29, 2013 |
This is another mediocre offering in the Ultimate Spider-Man line. Several Ultimate characters are introduced (Iron Fist, Shang Chi, Moon Knight, etc) and a few others make reappearances (Black Cat, Elektra, Kingpin, etc). My main problem is Peter's enmity towards Mary Jane. I don't know if Bendis is trying to make Peter a sullen brat or if Bendis has some misogynist leanings (well, reading some of his other works and the treatment of women in them, I'd not be surprised by THAT at all), but calling her stupid and being so hostile towards her just grates my nerves. ( )
  schatzi | Jun 7, 2011 |
Great Ultimate spider man TPB. Great story arc with tons of characters including Hammerhead, Moon Knight, Electra, Silver Sable, Iron Fist, King Pin, the Enforcers, and others. Best Ultimate Spider Man stroy arc I have read so far. ( )
  just_that_fast | Jun 14, 2006 |

Brian Michael Bendisprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bagley, MarkIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 078511680X, Paperback)

The Gang War to end all Gang Wars begins! The Kingpin is in retreat - and that kind of a power vacuum won't last long. It's about to be filled by a figure of unabashed dread in the underworld: Hammerhead! Plus: the Ultimate debut of several Marvel characters, including Moon Knight! And Spidey thinks he's had trouble before... but nothing has ever made him declare "Peter Parker" no more! Collecting Ultimate Spider-Man #79-85.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:15 -0400)

The Kingpin has retreated, but Hammerhead is ready to step up and take his place in the underworld. Then, Spider-Man gets into trouble so deep that he wants to say "Peter Parker no more!"

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,568,107 books! | Top bar: Always visible