Greek Myths by Olivia E. Coolidge

Greek Myths

by Olivia E. Coolidge

204157,485 (3.11)None

This book was required reading for summer work one year at my high school. Normally, I love mythology, especially Greek and Roman myths.
I despised this book.
If you have read Greek mythology before, you'll know about the goddess of wisdom and war strategy, Athena. This book called her Athene. It's probably not actually wrong, but I couldn't get over it.
On top of that, I felt that the book was incredibly bland to read. I was bored. Also, the selection of myths in the book left quite a bit to be desired. Overall, not a good read. I'd avoid this book if possible. ( )
  KatClark | Aug 24, 2014 |

From the terror of Medusa and the Minotaur to the Labors of Heracles and journeys of Theseus, the stories in this collection have thrilled and enthralled people for centuries with their high drama, hazardous quests, and unforgettable characters (both mortal and immortal). Under Olivia Coolidge’s skillful pen, the landscape of early Greece and its famous legends bloom with vigor and are perfectly suited to the adventure-seeking reader.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:05:13 -0400)

A spirited retelling of several Greek myths.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,985,836 books! | Top bar: Always visible