Key of Knowledge (Key Trilogy 2) by Nora…

Key of Knowledge (Key Trilogy 2) (original 2003; edition 2004)

by Nora Roberts

1,648None4,356 (3.86)24
Member:dinaweindl
Title:Key of Knowledge (Key Trilogy 2)
Authors:Nora Roberts
Info:Piatkus Paperback (2004), Paperback, 352 pages

Key of Knowledge by Nora Roberts (2003)

2004 (6) contemporary (19) contemporary romance (31) ebook (6) fantasy (45) fiction (108) gods (7) key (10) key series (7) Key Trilogy (63) Key Trilogy #2 (11) magic (22) mystery (13) mythology (9) Nora Roberts (47) novel (10) own (16) paperback (13) paranormal (33) paranormal romance (28) pb (5) quest (7) read (35) romance (242) series (20) supernatural (15) suspense (7) to-read (15) trilogy (27) unread (9)

Lynda Meyers absolutely blew me out of the water with "Letter's from the Ledge".

As usual I'm going to be very straight forward and say that I wasn't expecting to like the book much, not at all because I didn't expect it to be well written but it just wasn't in my genre sphere. I was fully prepared to encounter a book that was good but not appealing to my reading interests. I even told my Fiance that very thing.

I guarantee you he would be more than ready to tell you how much I talked about the book after I started reading it. It took me less than two days. I was sucked in, held captive, and just plain flabbergasted at how compelling the story was. My eagerness to read kept me up late into the night.

I cannot recommend this book highly enough to any of you who are reading this review. My skepticism proved me foolish and showed me that I should never, ever, judge a book by it's genre!

When I expected dry and depressing I got colorful and uplifting.

When I expected an overabundance of angst I received a tidal wave of hope against all odds and strength to overcome.

The book is smart, interesting, compelling, and gritty. The story sucks you in. The likable characters have you searching your own soul for strength to face your darkest places, your own problems, your own prisons. It is impossible to not feel intimately connected to Brendan, Sarah, Paige, and Nate in their struggles with the blackness life might be inclined to offer up. Their hurt become the readers indignation, their triumph the reader's joy. It's a darn good book that can get a handle on your feelings that way.

I must add that there's some great humor and a very amusing Monty Python reference that had me giggling for a while. I couldn't even resist reading it out loud!

Perhaps in life it seems that sometimes walking the ledge is necessary, but darkness is conquerable. That's the feeling I took away from this book.

Truthfully I believe that "Letter's From the Ledge" gives the reader a small, shining hope that they too can find their wings, their great freedom, and learn to embrace life with abandon. ( )
  AuggieTalk | Feb 15, 2014 |
Good not great. Fairly typical contemporary romance. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 13, 2013 |
This book, for me, is all about the friendship between Malory, Dana, and Zoe. Yeah, sure there's romance (and it's a decent one, too), but I don't care, it's the female relationships that make this book a source of glee. Roberts has a fantastic ear for women's dialogue, and I really, genuinely enjoy eavesdropping on the characters. The mythology is, um, painful, and I suspect that when I get around to reading [book: Key of Valor] the excessive neatness will drive me nuts (I know, I know, it's the demands of the genre, I don't care, life is not that tidy), but I don't care. As long as everyone goes on bantering and teasing each other, I will be content. ( )
  cricketbats | Apr 18, 2013 |
While not as gripping as the first, Key of Knowledge takes the series to another level and promises that the third and final book will be sensational. ( )
  tonile.helena | Mar 31, 2013 |
This was a second strong installment for Nora Roberts’ trilogy. This book introduces us to Dana Steele, a librarian who quitted her job after an argument with her boss and whose fate is to find one of the three keys to free the souls of three daughters of a Celtic god. To make things worse, her ex-boyfriend who has broken her heart by leaving to New York to became a best-seller author, has return and intends to win her heart again.

After book one about Malory Price quest to find the first key, this book delivers us a strong, independent character with a down-to-down personality though difficult to deal with. Dana submerges herself into research while trying to ignore Jordan Hawke, her ex, and into her new store which she’ll be sharing with Malory and Zoe.

Of course that each book is about one good quality of the characters or something they dream about. Dana’s passion, compulsion is books so she’s sure she’ll find the key on a book important to her. What she didn’t know was that the past, the present and the future were going to be the major key in finding the object.

In this book the pace is less fast; you can enjoy the relationship between Jordan and Dana without having the reaction that they’re jumping into something faster than normal. Because of their past together, they’re relation came easy and familiar. There was tension and sensuality between the two of them resulting of great sexy scenes well written without being too much.

The main plot develops also in a slow pace but easy to follow. Roberts leaves clues here and there matching all together in the end.

The final action sequence between Dana and Kane, happening inside Hawke’s book where a character was based on Dana, is an amazingly described scene where you can almost feel what the characters are feeling.

However, I think that some moments in the book were a bit rushed; like Jordan and Flynn’s proposal. In a month the two of them found love and are engaged. I think it was too quick.
Overall, I think this was a strong continuation for a trilogy and the characters are all changing and showing us other facades.

Now, bring me book three. ( )
  Leonor.Ner | Jul 25, 2012 |
Il faut être deux pour dire la vérité : l'un pour la dire, l'autre pour l'entendre.
Thoreau
Pour Ruth et Marianne, qui sont le plus précieux cadeau : des amies.
Dana Steele se considérait comme une femme ouverte et dénuée de préjugés, dotée d'une bonne dose de patience, de tolérance et d'humour.

Unlock your dreams with the second novel in the bestselling Key trilogy.

Three women. Three keys. Each has 28 days to find her key. If one fails, they all lose. If they all succeed, money, power, and a new destiny await. What happens when the very gods depend on mortals for help? That's what three very different young women find out when they are invited to Warrior's Peak.

To Dana Steele books and the knowledge they hold are the key to contentment. But now that search for knowledge must include the second key needed to release three souls held captive by an evil god.

She won't be alone, for she's formed fast frienships with two very different women. She can't allow herself to be distracted by the return of the man who broke her heart so long ago, for a danger beyond anyone's imagination is determined to keep her from completing her quest.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0515136379, Mass Market Paperback)

In the second installment of Nora Roberts’ thrilling Key series, Dana Steele is forced to face her past with the handsome Jordan Hawke when he writes a book that connects him to her quest for the Key of Knowledge. Now, Dana must seek out the truth from among deception and lies––or succumb to her worst nightmares.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:33:20 -0400)

Three woman. Three keys. Each has 28 days to find her way through a dangerous quest. Nora Roberts brings us a unique series with a twist-each novel is written in real time, and the novels will be published in consecutive months.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,426,024 books! | Top bar: Always visible