Key of Knowledge (Key Trilogy 2) by Nora…

Key of Knowledge (Key Trilogy 2) (original 2003; edition 2004)

by Nora Roberts

Title:Key of Knowledge (Key Trilogy 2)
Authors:Nora Roberts
Info:Piatkus Paperback (2004), Paperback, 352 pages

Key of Knowledge by Nora Roberts (2003)

Now that Malory has discovered the first key (Key of Light, Book 1) Dana must take on the task of locating the second key to unlock the “Daughters of Glass”. Limited by a one-month time crunch, her rekindled feelings for ex-lover Jordan Hawke and, her distraction in trying to get her new business started she is concerned that she will not be successful, thereby causing her new friends to lose the ultimate prize of one millions dollars … and the release of the three maidens.

As was the first book, this was an easy and fun read for a long winter’s evening. I enjoy the characters despite the fact that they and the action are a little predictable. The first and second book could be interchangeable by switching character names. Despite that, I am interested enough to continue on to Zoe’s quest in the third book of the trilogy. Like sorbet between courses of a meal, these books are great for in-between the non-fiction I have on my TBR list.
  ChristineEllei | Jul 14, 2015 |
Second in the Trilogy. It is very much like the first book. Nothing novel happens. It is all predictable. ( )
  KamGeb | Apr 5, 2015 |
Omg! So good ( )
  CAMMD | Aug 4, 2014 |
Lynda Meyers absolutely blew me out of the water with "Letter's from the Ledge".

As usual I'm going to be very straight forward and say that I wasn't expecting to like the book much, not at all because I didn't expect it to be well written but it just wasn't in my genre sphere. I was fully prepared to encounter a book that was good but not appealing to my reading interests. I even told my Fiance that very thing.

I guarantee you he would be more than ready to tell you how much I talked about the book after I started reading it. It took me less than two days. I was sucked in, held captive, and just plain flabbergasted at how compelling the story was. My eagerness to read kept me up late into the night.

I cannot recommend this book highly enough to any of you who are reading this review. My skepticism proved me foolish and showed me that I should never, ever, judge a book by it's genre!

When I expected dry and depressing I got colorful and uplifting.

When I expected an overabundance of angst I received a tidal wave of hope against all odds and strength to overcome.

The book is smart, interesting, compelling, and gritty. The story sucks you in. The likable characters have you searching your own soul for strength to face your darkest places, your own problems, your own prisons. It is impossible to not feel intimately connected to Brendan, Sarah, Paige, and Nate in their struggles with the blackness life might be inclined to offer up. Their hurt become the readers indignation, their triumph the reader's joy. It's a darn good book that can get a handle on your feelings that way.

I must add that there's some great humor and a very amusing Monty Python reference that had me giggling for a while. I couldn't even resist reading it out loud!

Perhaps in life it seems that sometimes walking the ledge is necessary, but darkness is conquerable. That's the feeling I took away from this book.

Truthfully I believe that "Letter's From the Ledge" gives the reader a small, shining hope that they too can find their wings, their great freedom, and learn to embrace life with abandon. ( )
  AuggieTalk | Feb 15, 2014 |
Good not great. Fairly typical contemporary romance. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 13, 2013 |
Il faut être deux pour dire la vérité : l'un pour la dire, l'autre pour l'entendre.
Pour Ruth et Marianne, qui sont le plus précieux cadeau : des amies.
Dana Steele se considérait comme une femme ouverte et dénuée de préjugés, dotée d'une bonne dose de patience, de tolérance et d'humour.

Unlock your dreams with the second novel in the bestselling Key trilogy.

Three women. Three keys. Each has 28 days to find her key. If one fails, they all lose. If they all succeed, money, power, and a new destiny await. What happens when the very gods depend on mortals for help? That's what three very different young women find out when they are invited to Warrior's Peak.

To Dana Steele books and the knowledge they hold are the key to contentment. But now that search for knowledge must include the second key needed to release three souls held captive by an evil god.

She won't be alone, for she's formed fast frienships with two very different women. She can't allow herself to be distracted by the return of the man who broke her heart so long ago, for a danger beyond anyone's imagination is determined to keep her from completing her quest.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0515136379, Mass Market Paperback)

In the second installment of Nora Roberts’ thrilling Key series, Dana Steele is forced to face her past with the handsome Jordan Hawke when he writes a book that connects him to her quest for the Key of Knowledge. Now, Dana must seek out the truth from among deception and lies––or succumb to her worst nightmares.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:41 -0400)

Three woman. Three keys. Each has 28 days to find her way through a dangerous quest. Nora Roberts brings us a unique series with a twist-each novel is written in real time, and the novels will be published in consecutive months.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,719,860 books! | Top bar: Always visible