Ray Bradburys Fahrenheit 451 by Tim Hamilton

Ray Bradburys Fahrenheit 451 (original 2009; edition 1953)

by Tim Hamilton, Ray Bradbury

Member:2810michael
Title:Ray Bradburys Fahrenheit 451
Authors:Tim Hamilton
Other authors:Ray Bradbury
Info:[Kbh.] : Fahrenheit, 2012.
Collections:Your library, 2012 (inactive)
Rating:***1/2
Tags:Fremtidsfortælling, Grafisk roman, Tegneserie, Skrevet 1950-1959, Skrevet 2010-2019, Amerikansk litteratur

Fahrenheit 451 [Graphic novel] by Ray Bradbury (2009)

A nicely done graphic novel adaptation of F451. When the fire chief explains the infantilsation of society, one frame contains comic book versions of the classics, which was a nice humourous touch. ( )
  marek2010 | Feb 21, 2014 |
While Hamilton's art is above reproach, his sense of pacing in terms of visual composition is off. Many scenes that should be separated by some time are shoved together back to back, so that the emotional payoff is stunted. An okay graphic novel, but not a very good adaptation if the novel. ( )
  JWarren42 | Oct 10, 2013 |
I barely remember Fahrenheit 451 & reading this doesn't really make the story come back. The artwork is kinda disturbing; but I think that is purposeful. Of all the graphic novels I have read, I'm not sure this translates very well. ( )
  lesmel | May 16, 2013 |
Fahrenheit 451 is one of my favorite books, so needless to say, I was kind of elated when I found out there was a graphic novel adaptation that had actually been approved by Ray Bradbury himself.

My good friend got me a copy for my birthday and I dove into it immediately! It is beautifully illustrated, and just as powerful and moving as the original work despite a few minor changes.

It is a definite must if you're a Bradbury fan and if you aren't yet, you will be after this read. ( )
  RuzNuz | May 7, 2013 |
It was good but I was not jumping for joy with this book. It has a nice message but I think it's just wasn't for me. Half of the time I don't know what's happening. I felt like the book has this heavy and hot atmosphere (maybe because of all the burning) which may be effective but a bit uncomfortable for me. I did like the end though when Montag meets the other "authors". It was actually pretty sad, a world without books, having to burn a book. ( )
  krizia_lazaro | Jan 5, 2013 |
Bradbury is no Beatty. He's a pluralist. He loves high and low, literature and comics, opera and movies. He's adapted his novel for just about every medium. Given this, perhaps the message of the comic-book rendition of Fahrenheit 451 is that the elitist, nostalgic, black-and-white thinking of a Beatty is part of the problem and leads to black-and-white solutions like censorship and book burning. Beatty has a love-hate relationship with the paper he burns. Bradbury does not.
added by Shortride | editSlate, Sarah Boxer (Aug 17, 2009)

Ray Bradburyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hamilton, TimIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Is an adaptation of

To David Passalacqua, whose voice is still in my head every day and I would like to thank the following: Ray Bradbury, Thoma LaBien, Deep6 Studios, Chris Sinderson, Tory Sica, Howard Zimmerman, Dean Motter, my mom, and Jean Lee
It was a pleasure to burn.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 080905101X, Paperback)

Book Description
"Monday burn Millay, Wednesday Whitman, Friday Faulkner, burn ’em to ashes, then burn the ashes." For Guy Montag, a career fireman for whom kerosene is perfume, this is not just an official slogan. It is a mantra, a duty, a way of life in a tightly monitored world where thinking is dangerous and books are forbidden.

In 1953, Ray Bradbury envisioned one of the world's most unforgettable dystopian futures, and in Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451, the artist Tim Hamilton translates this frightening modern masterpiece into a gorgeously imagined graphic novel. As could only occur with Bradbury's full cooperation in this authorized adaptation, Hamilton has created a striking work of art that uniquely captures Montag's awakening to the evil of government-controlled thought and the inestimable value of philosophy, theology, and literature.

Including an original foreword by Ray Bradbury and fully depicting the brilliance and force of his canonic and beloved masterwork, Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451 is an exceptional, haunting work of graphic literature.

Look Inside This Stunning Adaptation of Fahrenheit 451
In the panels below, fireman Guy Montag returns home after a night of burning books and encounters Clarice, a teenager who changes his life.
Click on each image to enlarge.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:29:04 -0400)

As could only occur with Bradbury's full cooperation in this authorized adaptation, Hamilton has created a striking work of art that uniquely captures Montag's awakening to the evil of government-controlled thought and the inestimable value of philosophy, theology, and literature. --from publisher description… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,716,089 books! | Top bar: Always visible