Check out the Valentine’s Day Heart Hunt!

Key of Valor by Nora Roberts

Key of Valor (2004)

by Nora Roberts

Series: Key Trilogy (3)

Recently added byrena75, tejones, MKB28

English (20)  Czech (1)  All languages (21)
Key of Valor provides a good ending to the Key Trilogy. Once in the story, the main character’s personality changes from that of not wanting any type of relationship to her jumping into one. When the reader thinks that one thing will happen, it doesn’t which makes the storyline upbeat and unpredictable; ultimately providing a good read. ( )
  Preston.Kringle | Nov 23, 2018 |
Review for all three books in the trilogy.

The thing about these books isn't the vaguely supernatural plot or the romance, it's the found-family.

There is a vaguely supernatural plot. Strangers, Malory, Dana, and Zoe, are all invited to a mysterious gathering hosted by the even more mysterious Rowena and Pitte. They're told a story about a god, soon to be king, who traveled into the mortal world, fell in love with a human woman. He brought her back to his world and they had three beautiful daughters. When those daughters were grown an evil sorcerer, rival for the king's power, cast a spell on them, trapping their souls in a glass box, leaving their bodies lifeless. The only way the spell could be broken is if three mortal women found the keys to the glass box. Malory, Dana, and Zoe are those three mortal women.

There is romance. The first book centers on Malory, and deals with her romance with Finn. The second on Dana and her romance with Jordan. The third on Zoe and Brad. But the wonderful thing about these books is how little time they spend on romance and how much they spend on the friendship growing between Malory, Dana, and Zoe, the pre-existing friendsihp between Flynn, Jordan, and Brad, and the way these six people become family to each other. Not only do the three women fulfill their quests and find their loves, they also start a business together and spend a great deal of time discussing how wonderful, helpful, and supportive the friendship they're developing is. Sure, there's a great deal of discussion about each other's love lives, but there's also a great deal of discussion about the business, each other's talents, and what each wants from life. To a lesser degree--because this is the women's story, after all--the men have similar discussions.

Found-family is my thing. It gets me every time. And these six people, plus Rowena, Pitte, Zoe's son Simon, and Flynn's goofy dog Moe, make a great family. ( )
  tldegray | Sep 21, 2018 |
I have to say that this is my favourite trilogy from Nora Roberts. I love fantasy and I love romance and Nora did such a wonderful job combining those two.

I actually looked up the mythology that the book centres around because it seemed like it could have stemmed from a real mythology. Imagine my dismay when nothing turned up and my amazement at Nora Roberts awesome story/world building skills.

I personally hope that she writes more with this type of fantasy romance. I would be first in line to buy a book from her if she decides to write some sort of sequel or epilogue to this series!

I've also recently bought all three Audiobooks and it was amazing listening to Susan Ericksen read my favourite series. The story was so much more clear and I got a different perspective to it and everything was just MORE. Oh and it was great to hear how some of the names were actually pronounced :D ( )
  t1774ny | Sep 16, 2018 |
Last installment of Nora's Key trilogy. Typical Roberts fare but still good. A definite read for fans of Nora Roberts and I would recommend this trilogy to someone who is interested in reading paranormal romances but is too timid to jump right into worlds with werewolves and vampires.
As for as this particular book goes, I would say that it finished off the trilogy nicely. All ends tied up, all characters in love, and one more Roberts book complete to make way for the next trilogy she offers. ( )
  ChristinaT. | Dec 3, 2016 |
Very good. I enjoyed the whole series.
  jldhuse | Jun 7, 2016 |

Nora Robertsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Ericksen, SusanNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Courage, the footstool of the Virtues, upon which they stand. - Robert Louis Stevenson
To my mom, who was brave enough to raise five of us.
Zoe McCourt was sixteen when she met the boy who would change her life.

What happens when the very gods depend on mortals for help? That's what three very different young women find out when they are invited to Warrior's Peak.

Light and Knowledge have succeeded in their quest, and two of the keys have been found. The final, and last, test goes to Zoe McCourt -- Valor.

Zoe has the courage to raise her young son alone, and to face all the adversity life has thrown at them. But will she have the courage to face a foe determined to do anything to stop the third key from being found -- even destroying everything -- and everyone -- she loves?

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0515136530, Mass Market Paperback)

Nora Roberts presents the stunning conclusion to the all-new trilogy of destiny and desire...

Join Zoe in the ultimate quest for courage.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:35 -0400)

Zoe is about to discover her true courageous spirit. She must find the key of valor--on the last of three dangerous quests that will force her to confron her darkest fears...or suffer immeasurable loss.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,476,600 books! | Top bar: Always visible