Tell Me Lies by Jennifer Crusie

Tell Me Lies (edition 1999)

by Jennifer Crusie

Member:BookishBrunette
Title:Tell Me Lies
Authors:Jennifer Crusie
Info:St. Martin's Paperbacks (1999), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages

Tell Me Lies by Jennifer Crusie

Opustajuca knjiga o Medeline koja je otkrila da zivi radi drugih i odlucila da napokon zivi za sebe i svoju kcerku,zakopala svoj brak i nasla novu staru ljubav koja ju nasmijava i cini zivom... ( )
  ceca78 | Apr 10, 2016 |
Warning: There are spoilers below.

I actually did enjoy this book, but I probably won't read it again. Contrary to the book jacket and other reviewers, I found little humor in this book. I generally like Jennifer Crusie books, which I view as light, humorous, contemporary romance. This book I thought was different and darker. Start with a cheating husband, who then turns up dead, and the wife is the main suspect. Throw in a grieving child and a stalker-esque (granted, in a non-threatening way) romantic interest and a town full of gossiping busybodies with the collective memory that goes back several generations and never lets anyone live anything down and the plot starts to sound like a nightmare. The only funny character is the grandmother. However, it was a surprisingly quick read and I actually did like the hero and heroine of the story, but it wasn't the light, humorous read that it was touted to be. ( )
  GanneC | Jan 29, 2016 |
Funny moments and another enjoyable Jennifer Crusie novel. More along the lines of "cozy mystery" than usual for author. Synopsis at this site accurate so not going to re-summarize the plot. ( )
  Spurts | Oct 29, 2015 |
I don't think Jennifer Crusie can write a book that I wouldn't like. Her characters were, as usual, enchanting, delightful, and witty. Mel and Gran cracked me up constantly. Em had me drawn in emotionally. C.L. and Maddie were equal parts just plain entertaining and steamy. I loved how Maddie went from meek and mild to bold and in control! It's a shame it took so much drama in her life for it to happen, but it shows the how the human spirit can adapt and change. This book is definitely a keeper for rereading. 5 Stars

Read With Me: Tell Me Lies ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
This story was rather absorbing although it led me all over the place, sometimes humorous and other times very serious. The heroine varied between a flighty pushover and a strong sensitive woman but I was still intrigued. Maddie finds evidence her husband is cheating and accountant C.L. is investigating him for possibility of swindling someone. ( )
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |

Crusie, Jenniferprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bean, JoyceNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
All fiction is gossip.
- Truman Capote
FOR
MOLLIE AMANDA JOANNA SMITH.
STILL THE MOST AMAZING WOMAN I KNOW
One hot August Thursday afternoon, Maddie Faraday reached under the front seat of her husband's Cadillac and pulled out a pair of black lace underpants.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0312966806, Mass Market Paperback)

If you think small-town life can be boring--think again. There are complex social rules: there are certain people with whom you fraternize and those you don't, and, of course, there is the all-powerful gossip. Everyone knows everything about everyone else. Don't they? That's what Maddie Farraday thinks until she finds a pair of black crotchless panties in her husband's car that don't belong to her. That's it; Maddie's had it. She's ready for change, and the first thing she's going to do is divorce her no-good, philandering husband Brent. But then everything goes haywire: Brent turns up dead, Maddie's daughter wants a dog, her best friend is suddenly acting very strange, and Maddie's secret boyhood crush, bad boy C. L. Sturgis, arrives in town after a 20-year hiatus--and he's as sexy as ever. You may laugh out loud at the wild and crazy antics in Jennifer Crusie's exceptional novel, but you'll exclaim with delight over the sizzling, dynamic, passionate affair between Maddie and her first love, C. L.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:58 -0400)

After finding a pair of black lace panties under the front seat of her husband's car and cavorting herself in the back seat of another vehicle with her old high-school flame, Maddie Faraday realizes that the truth is elusive in a small town.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,523,541 books! | Top bar: Always visible