The poetry of Robert Frost : the collected…

The poetry of Robert Frost : the collected poems (original 1968; edition 1979)

by Robert Frost, Edward Connery Lathem

Member:GVassmer
Title:The poetry of Robert Frost : the collected poems
Authors:Robert Frost
Other authors:Edward Connery Lathem
Info:New York : St. Martin's Griffin, 1979.
Tags:FIC

The Poetry of Robert Frost by Robert Frost (1968)

As a person who only read some of Robert Frost's poetry back in high school, I never realized that he also did some plays and other works. I am most familiar with Two Roads Diverged in a Yellow Wood, but there were some others that piqued my memory so I must have read those too.

The first thing to realize about Robert Frost is that he was big on nature. Most of his poems concern walking through snowy forests in New England around the turn of the century. Frost also did a ton of prose works. With all of that, it isn't really difficult to see how he became the poet laureate back during the 1960s.

This particular copy contains poetry, a bibliography and an index of first lines. ( )
  Floyd3345 | Jun 15, 2019 |
Taking an online modern poetry course and the first poet up is Frost. Not reading the entire collected, but likely around 20-25 poems. ( )
  BooksForDinner | Nov 12, 2018 |
The Poetry of Robert Frost is the entirety of the great American poet’s published work, an authoritative volume that is structured to show his progression from his earliest work to his last—with a little exception at the end. However for those who have only read Frost in school, like me, you will be in for a surprise because the poems in English and/or Literature class are a deceptive selection of his complete works. While this complete book of Robert Frost’s work is wonderful for poetry enthusiasts, for the more general reader I would suggest you look through this volume and decide if you want a smaller, more select volume of his work. ( )
  mattries37315 | Jul 16, 2016 |
Rural, agrarian, hard lives. The Mending Wall, The Road Not Taken, Acquainted With The Night, The Draft Horse, Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening are all my favourites and a few of them I have even memorized. ( )
  ShelleyAlberta | Jun 4, 2016 |
Frost is the premier poet and the 20th Century poem is How Hard it is to Keep From Being King. Every good statesman should be well acquainted with it. ( )
  Jeffrey_Hatcher | Jun 4, 2016 |

Frost, Robertprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lathem, Edward ConneryEditorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The 1930 edition, Collected Poems of Robert Frost, is NOT the same as The Poetry of Robert Frost: Complete and Unabridged. I have both books and they are not the same: the 1930 book only includes A Boy's Will, North of Boston, Mountain Interval, New Hampshire, and West Running Book, and therefore is NOT complete and unabridged.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0030725356, Hardcover)

Robert Frost's poetry was always simple and direct, yet strangely deep. This is the only comprehensive volume of Frost's published verse, including the contents of all eleven of his individual books of poetry -- from A Boy's Will (1913) to In the Clearing (1962).

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:23 -0400)

A complete collection of Robert Frost's poetry.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,110,671 books! | Top bar: Always visible