Addicted by Zane

Addicted

by Zane

Full of sex and scadal and written slightly better than "50 Shades of Grey" this erotica would have appealed to me more had there not been copious amounts of cheating and ridiculous plot twists at the end. On the surface Zoe has the perfect life: an adoring husband, a great job, a huge house, and wonderful kids. She loves her husband but their sex life is very lacking. From an early age Zoe was fascinated with sex, she couldn't wait to do it. She finally lost her virginity to her childhood sweatheart (now husband) and has always been faithful (yet unfulfilled) until she meets a young artist who sweeps her off her feet and and into the bedroom. She doesn't love him, but for the first time in her life her sexual needs are being met. Soon she gets another lover, and then another. And she realizes that her addiction to sex is spiraling out of control. She loves her husband, but she loves sex too. Zoe decides to finally get help, but from there things only get more complicated. The end is a little much, but I still want to see the movie adaptation of it. ( )
  ecataldi | Feb 6, 2017 |
2.5 stars

This book was pretty crazy. Several of the things didn't make sense to me. Cause and effect and real world definitions don't exactly line up, but the entertainment factor is high. It wasn't quite my thing, but if you like a lot of sex and drama, you should definitely check it out. ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
2.5 stars

ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
amazing book way better than the movie this is my second time reading. ( )
  jordanakaforever | Jan 13, 2017 |
My second reading of my introduction to Zane's pen skills left me feeling like I've never read it before. It's like hypnosis trying to remember a repressed memory. My emotions were all over the place and I came to realize Zoe isn't so fictional anymore. Each page felt like her diary being revealed giving you every raw feeling, straight with no chaser. No room was left to ask why. Zoe put her cards on the table from jump telling trusted, non-judgmental ears 'I have a problem. I need help before I destroy me'. We take the obvious from the story but only those who look deeper get it all. ( )
  Stephanie.Wilkerson | Mar 25, 2016 |
I love you and this is forever!
Always has been! Always will be!
              --Zoe Reynard,
              circa 1999
To my children "A" and "E"
Mommy loves you!
into this world through me!
Droplets of rain cascaded down the windowpanes, and the sun was merely a figment of the imagination.
(page 22)

Zoe and Jason
Sitting in a tree
K-I-S-S-I-N-G
First come love
Then comes marriage
Then comes Zoe with a
baby carriage

For successful African-American businesswoman Zoe Reynard, finding the pleasure she wants, the way she wants it, is not worth the risk of losing everything she has: marriage to the man she has loved since childhood, a thriving company, three wonderful children. But Zoe feels helpless in the grip of an overpowering addiction...to sex.

Finding a compassionate woman therapist to help her, Zoe finally summons the courage to tell her torrid story, a tale of guilt and desire as shocking as it is compelling. From the sensitive artist with whom she spends stolen hours on rumpled sheets to the rough and violent man who draws her toward destruction,Zoe is a woman desperately searching for fulfillment -- and something darker, deeper, and perhaps deadly. As her life spins out of control and her sexual escapades carry her toward a dangerous choice, Zoe is racing against time to uncover the source of her "fatal attraction" -- as chilling secrets tumble forth from the recesses of a woman's mind, and perilous temptations lead toward a climax that can threaten her sanity, her marriage...and her life.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:51 -0400)

Zoe Reynard's perfect life--marriage to her childhood sweetheart, a thriving business, and three wonderful children--begins to unravel as she begins to lose control, fails to get her husband to open up to her sexually, and embarks on three extramarital affairs.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,464,605 books! | Top bar: Always visible