Mouths of Babes by Stella Duffy

Mouths of Babes

by Stella Duffy

This was a really great book, and the last in a series. I won't give away any plot, just say that it really explores the (decades long) after-effects of bullying - for both victim and bully. Well done. ( )
  kimtaylorblakemore | Mar 17, 2015 |
  kimtaylorblakemore | Mar 17, 2015 |
I keep coming back to Stella Duffy's books. This one is fabulous. Nicely mysteryish without being anything like a detective story. I kind of wish I'd read the Saz Martin books in order now. ( )
  nocto | Dec 13, 2010 |
A private investigator is retired after an investigation goes wrong to raise her daughter with her lesbian partner. Then a man from her past appears and old misdeeds threaten her new life. ( )
  dcoward | Jul 19, 2008 |

This is a complex, beautifully written book, dealing with the ways in which we survive childhood, and those who fall by the way. It's illuminating on bullying and the strategems both victims and bullies use to get by, and the compromises we make to become the adults we want to be. Fast-paced, intelligent and mesmerising.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,311,370 books! | Top bar: Always visible