Breathless: A Novel of Suspense by Dean…

Breathless: A Novel of Suspense (edition 2010)

by Dean Koontz

Rating:*****
Tags:Science Fiction, evolution

Breathless by Dean Koontz

REVISED:

I just finished The Eyes of Darkness. I cannot in good conscience give this more than 2 stars. In comparison, this one sucks.

Carry on.

It's hard to rate this book. I usually either love or hate Koontz novels. This one was going to get no more than 2 stars... But the last third put a spin on it that had the possibility of being intriguing. Sadly, he didn't explore the ideas enough. And he cheaped out on the potential future for all of this.

However, I'd be lying if I said he didn't draw me in at all. So I had to upgrade it to 3 stars.

I was in the mood for light, unchallenging reading, something that would keep me turning pages but not make any promises it couldn't deliver. And I only paid $2 for this copy. For those reasons, I wasn't disappointed with this. However, given the lack of depth to this story, I really can't recommend it to anyone else. The story lines with Tom Bigger & Henry Rouvroy went nowhere and were a waste of time. I get that he was trying to make order out of chaos here. But both failed.

If you're an avid Koontz fan, pick it up at a bargain bin or borrow it from the library. And read it with few expectations, merely to have read all his works. In this frame of mind, you might enjoy it a bit. ( )
  LauraCerone | May 26, 2016 |
Typical Koontz. All the animals are wonderful, the dogs never poop in the house, and mystical thinking works better than science. The last Koontz book I liked was Watchers and that still goes. ( )
  debs913 | Apr 2, 2016 |
I am a Dean Koontz fan. But this was a very slow read. Essentially there are 4 storylines going and every chapter jumps to another storyline. I only really cared for one of the four storylines... and then the ending was anti-climatic. One of the storylines - about twin brothers - I'm not sure I understood it at all once I got to the end. ( )
  Bambi_Unbridled | Mar 19, 2016 |
Fantastic!! Couldn't put it down!! ( )
  imagine15 | Mar 15, 2016 |
really liked this book up until the end; the ending was a let down ( )
  Claudia.Anderson | Feb 7, 2016 |
Science must not impose any philosophy, any more than the telephone must tell us what to say. --G.K.Chesterton
To Aesop, twenty-six centuries late and with apologies for the length.

And as always and forever: to Gerda
A moment before the encounter, a strange expectancy overcame Grady Adams, a sense that he and Merlin were not alone.

When Colorado carpenter Gary Adams spots two mysterious creatures in the woods near his house, he calls on his friend, veterinarian Cammy Rivers for advice. But like Gary, Cammy has never seen an animal resembling this beautiful species. But when the Department of Homeland Security puts a call out for Gary and Cammy because of these animals, the two risk everything to protect the innocent creatures.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,874,255 books! | Top bar: Always visible