Coming Attractions (Katie Weldon Series) by…

Coming Attractions (Katie Weldon Series) (original 2009; edition 2009)

by Robin Jones Gunn

Member:DreamerGirl
Title:Coming Attractions (Katie Weldon Series)
Authors:Robin Jones Gunn
Info:Zondervan (2009), Paperback, 304 pages
Tags:Christian, teen, YA, Young, Adult, Robin, Jones, Gunn, Coming, Attractions, Romance, Katie, Weldon, Series

Coming Attractions by Robin Jones Gunn (2009)

Beautiful book, all I can say is what I've liked, cause there is absoulutely nothing I found should be changed:

Characters:
Katie is beautiful, charming, has a good sense of humor and is my favorite character throughout the whole book. I didn't like her first boyfriend and I loved how her "guy best friend" was nice to her at the beginning when she was sick, though it made it a lot more predictable to the reader about the rest of the story :) I knew from the first 2 pages that she would end up with him, but still, I was so anxious to tell her that he was the guy of her dreams when she was too busy doing schoolwork for college and getting through crasy schedules to notice who loves her the most :)

Plot:
Loved it! All of it! From the very first chapter I couldn't take my eyes of the page! :) I also liked how deep her best guy friend saw religion and love and how he saw the whole world, actually, in a way that amazes me :) I liked how minimized time is shown... The author truly inspired me...

Writing:
A lot of adjectives but not too much, minimized "likes" and "unbelievables" in dialogues and beautiful phrases. It shows that she knows what she is writing about the whole time. The text description is crisp but not none like in those novels you can buy for a dollar. Everything in writing is put on "medium".

Spiritual side:
I somewhat didn't truly get (okay, so I lied there are -some- things that I didn't like here) Katy's idea of christianity, I think her guy friend had a much better picture (though he mixed everything with romance the whole time which sort of got on my nerves). But it's not bad, it doesn't go so deep, so I guess it's okay.

I'd recommend :)

flag ( )
  DreamerGirl | Jun 18, 2011 |
Robin Jones Gunn has done it again. Could.not.put.it.down. This book felt like a HUGE reunion from books Robin had written before. All my old haunts came back to me from Jr. high and high school when I 1st started reading her books. Robin has a way of digging into your heart and stirring emotions you haven't felt in years. She writes with a passon that is deeply driven.
The book will forever be an all-time favorite of mine that I will cherish forever. Katie is an excellent woman for girls to look up to when they are seeking out God's best for them. I will forever love and cherish this book for years to come.
Blessings to Robin for touching my life! ( )
  Raenolt | Jul 7, 2009 |
For my wonderful daughter-in-law, Kelly Joy. You bring a touch of calm wherever you go. I am so grateful for the way God brought you to our son and knit your hearts together. You are a gift to all of us.
Katie checked the time on her phone and pulled her sweatshirt's hood over her dancing red hair.

Are you serious? As graduation approaches, Katie Weldon is pretty sure she's ready for the word 'engaged' to describe her relationship with Rick. But Eli seems to always be right there when she needs support. Rick is everything Katie's ever dreamed of, offering her stability and love. Eli, on the other hand, brings adventure, spontaneity, and a wild love for God. Katie wonders if she's ready to be serious with any guy. Maybe God wants her to seriously commit to Him first, whether her future is all planned out or as spontaneous as her impromptu life has been so far. One thing she knows for sure: With God alongside her, the coming attractions are bound to be a surprise. Coming Attractions is the third book in the Katie Weldon Series.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:56:54 -0400)

The third book in the Katie Weldon series takes Katie through her last semester in college. As Katie ponders life after graduation, she's asking serious questions about her future. Will it be with Rick? Most important of all, is she really serious about her relationship with God?… (more)

41 wanted1 pay1 pay

Zondervan

An edition of this book was published by Zondervan.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,985,980 books! | Top bar: Always visible