Witch & Wizard by James Patterson

Witch & Wizard (original 2009; edition 2011)

by James Patterson, Gabrielle Charbonnet

Member:teresaaaaa
Title:Witch & Wizard
Authors:James Patterson
Other authors:Gabrielle Charbonnet
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2011), Edition: Mti, Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Collections:Read but unowned, Teens, Nook
Rating:*

Witch & Wizard by James Patterson (2009)

The Giver by Lois Lowry (BriarRose88)
    BriarRose88: Both have the same futurisitic/controlling setting with strong kids as the main character. They both have the same idea that if the world has become bad, someone needs to do something about it ensure change happens.
    1984 by George Orwell (Unionhawk)

Poor story line. ( )
  Erika.D | Jan 28, 2016 |
This book reads very juvenile for a young adult book. There is no world building, the characters are not realistic, and the dialogue between characters is just absurd. The expressions these teens use sounds like things my mother would say like bejeezus or joe schmoe and many more. I also can't believe a teenager would wake up one morning and ALL OF A SUDDEN an evil dictorial leader has taken over the world and is arresting children. I also can't believe that two teens who are a witch and a wizard can just will themselves to do magic by THINKING REAL HARD and not really knowing any magic. It just seems like lazy writing.

Okay, now the audio. I love audio books, but this was just ridiculous. What voice actor do you cast to voice a 6 ft 2 football player...why not the weakest male in acting, Frodo AKA Elijah Wood. It was just so hard to picture this character hearing Frodo throughout the story. I also hated all the background noises when something kind of important happened, like the sound of a helicopter, sirens, and dreaded situations approaching. It is really hard to concentrate on the narrator when you're listening to a helicopter. Also while driving I thought there was an ambulance behind me, only to freak out and realize it was the book. Just awful.

If you enjoy reading avoid this book. If I was a teen who wasn't a big reader and wanted to give a book a try by a popular author (like James Patterson) this book would leave me not wanting to read ever again. ( )

clockwork_serenity | Jan 23, 2016 |
This was just wierd. I only read it because I read everything by James Patterson, and I wish I didn't read this one. ( )
  biggs1399 | Jan 19, 2016 |

James Pattersonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Charbonnet, Gabriellesecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Locke, SpencerNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I believe in aristocracy...Not an aristocracy of power, based upon rank and influence, but an aristocracy of the sensitive, the considerate and the plucky. Its members are to be found in all nations and classes, and all through the ages, and there is a secret understanding between them when they meet. They represent the true human tradition, the one permanent victory of our queer race over cruelty and chaos.
--E.M. Forster, from Two Cheers for Democracy
For Andrea Spooner, our hero
--J.P.
Oh, yes - what he said
--G.C.
It's overwhelming.

The world is changing: the government has seized control of every aspect of society, and now, kids are disappearing. For 15-year-old Wisty and her older brother Whit, life turns upside down when they are torn from their parents one night and slammed into a secret prison for no reason they can comprehend. The New Order, as it is known, is clearly trying to suppress Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Being a Normal Teenager. But while trapped in this totalitarian nightmare, Wisty and Whit discover they have incredible powers they'd never dreamed of. Can this newly minted witch and wizard master their skills in time to save themselves, their parents--and maybe the world?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:42 -0400)

A sister and brother, along with thousands of young people, have been kidnapped and either thrown in prison or turned up missing after accusations of witchcraft were made against them, and the ruling regime will do anything in order to suppress life and liberty, music and books.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,050,619 books! | Top bar: Always visible