The Exchange by Graham Joyce

The Exchange

by Graham Joyce

Caz and her friend Lucy to the Creepy Thing at an old ladies house and Caz ends up with more than she bargains for. The lady has snapped a bracelet on Caz's wrist that "curses" her.

This was pretty good. I liked how the story turned out.
Id recommend to anyone who wants a quick fun read. ( )
  DeathsMistress | Jan 31, 2013 |
This book was okay, but not the best that I've read by this author. I have read and enjoyed a few other books that were written for young adults, but it was obvious to me that this one was written for younger readers than myself. It was good enough for me to keep reading because I wanted to see what happened with the bracelet. The story did get a bit interesting to me as I got closer to the end of the book. ( )
  ladybug74 | May 13, 2010 |
Great book about Caz and Lucy who "do the Creepy thing"instead of the right thing. They sneak into people's houses while they are asleep and watch them; getting high on the adrenalin rush that comes with their fear of being caught. This is all well & good until they visit a grumpy old lady who clamps a bracelet on Caz's wrist. The bracelet disappears and becomes a tattoo and Caz discovers she can see inside people to know if they are telling the truth and what is hurting them. She also sees a strange girl called Fizz everywhere (her other self)She also needs help - will Lucy help her or will her new boyfriend Mark? Will Caz find the bracelet and give it back to the old cursed woman, or will she use its power for good? Fantastic book with a real twist in the curse scenario.p.32 -40 when the woman clamps on the bracelet.
  nicsreads | Mar 29, 2007 |
to my niece, Samantha Joyce
Caz lives about ten minutes' walk from the centre of town.

Cursed by the elderly recluse whose home she and a friend were creeping through late one night, fourteen-year-old Caz soon finds her life disintegrating and realizes she must find a way of lifting the curse--or at least understanding its power.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,355,361 books! | Top bar: Always visible