A Child Called It by Dave Pelzer

A Child Called "It"

by Dave Pelzer

Series: Dave Pelzer (1)

One Child by Torey L. Hayden (Moniica)
    Running With Scissors by Augusten Burroughs (PortiaLong)
    PortiaLong: Disturbing memoirs - I disliked them both for the same reasons (so someone else may LIKE them for those same reasons).
    The Little Prisoner by Jane Elliott (mariah2, Kerian)

English (252)  German (3)  Swedish (2)  Lithuanian (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (259)
In my opinion this is a great book. I like this book because it teaches you about child abuse through the story of an unforgettable account of one of the most severs child abuse cases in California history. This book teaches you about the seriousness and affects of child abuse on a child by telling a true story instead of just stating facts. I also liked this book because of how descriptive it is. I was able to really connect to the story and to the characters because of the amount of detail that was used throughout the book. The big message in this story is that no matter what you go through, as long as you have big dreams, you will make it through anything. ( )
  dberry6 | Oct 17, 2016 |
good book even though it was sad ( )
  KimSalyers | Oct 1, 2016 |
Absolutely one of the Best Books hands down I have ever read. I read this books many times since I was a youngin' and each time it touches my heart again and again. I recently read this book again and I fell in love all over again. Definitely a heart warming story that will leave you in tears of sadness and happiness. ( )
  Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |
Worst book i have ever read. Not interms of writing but the contact. ( )
  AveNegron | Jul 7, 2016 |
"A Child Called 'It'" was a book many read in middle school, but I had never picked up. A year or two ago, I found it and the sequel, "The Lost Boy" at a used book sale- purchasing them tha day was a great decision. This book was simultaneously heart-wrenching and inspiring, bringing to light something few people will openly discuss. I only wish I'd read it earlier. ( )
  sippju01 | Jun 9, 2016 |

Dave Pelzerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gyllenhak, UlfTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to my son Stephen, who, by the grace of God, has taught me the gift of love and joy through the eyes of a child. This book is also dedicated to the teachers and staff members of Thomas Edison Elementary School to include: Stephen E. Ziegler, Athena Konstan, Peter Hansen, Joyce Woodworth, Janice Woods, Betty Howell, and the School Nurse. To all of you, for your courage and for putting your careers on the line that fateful day, March 5, 1973. You saved my life.
March 5, 1973, Daly City, California - I'm late.

[This book] is [an] account of one of the most severe child abuse cases in California history. It is the story of Dave Pelzer, who was brutally beaten and starved by his emotionally unstable, alcoholic mother: a mother who played torturous, unpredictable games - games that left him nearly dead. He had to learn how to play his mother's games in order to survive because she no longer considered him a son, but a slave; and no longer a boy, but an "it." -Back cover.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,696,688 books! | Top bar: Always visible