A Child Called It by Dave Pelzer

A Child Called "It"

by Dave Pelzer

Series: Dave Pelzer (1)

One Child by Torey L. Hayden (Moniica)
    Running With Scissors by Augusten Burroughs (PortiaLong)
    PortiaLong: Disturbing memoirs - I disliked them both for the same reasons (so someone else may LIKE them for those same reasons).
    The Little Prisoner by Jane Elliott (mariah2, Kerian)

English (216)  German (3)  Swedish (2)  Lithuanian (1)  All languages (222)
This book is very good. It is incredible depressing because of the horrific things that happened to this child, but it is a great read. It made me more thankful for the wonderful parents that I have. ( )
  blog_gal | Jul 26, 2014 |
  blog_gal | Jul 26, 2014 |
would recommend to anyone and everyone ( )
  rchmccaulley | Jul 26, 2014 |
It's disgusting that it is not a work of fiction ( )
  aliterarylion | Jul 14, 2014 |
This is a good heart-wrenching book that really makes you feel sorrow for the child. 4Q4P The cover art is awesome and I'd recommend this for middle school and high school students. I chose to read this book because people were saying it was really good. BrittanyC
  edspicer | Jul 5, 2014 |

Dave Pelzerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gyllenhak, UlfTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to my son Stephen, who, by the grace of God, has taught me the gift of love and joy through the eyes of a child. This book is also dedicated to the teachers and staff members of Thomas Edison Elementary School to include: Stephen E. Ziegler, Athena Konstan, Peter Hansen, Joyce Woodworth, Janice Woods, Betty Howell, and the School Nurse. To all of you, for your courage and for putting your careers on the line that fateful day, March 5, 1973. You saved my life.
March 5, 1973, Daly City, California - I'm late.

This is a tragic story about a boy named Dave and all of the abuse that he went through as a child.

[This book] is [an] account of one of the most severe child abuse cases in California history. It is the story of Dave Pelzer, who was brutally beaten and starved by his emotionally unstable, alcoholic mother: a mother who played torturous, unpredictable games - games that left him nearly dead. He had to learn how to play his mother's games in order to survive because she no longer considered him a son, but a slave; and no longer a boy, but an "it." -Back cover.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,648,131 books! | Top bar: Always visible