What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty

What Alice Forgot

by Liane Moriarty

981958,763 (3.9)23

My second book from Moriarty (The Husband's Secret was my first). Overall not as entertaining, and partially because of the same problem. Moriarty seems to really like to dangle the carrot over your eyes. Unfortunately, the tease/reward is tipped in such way that you come out not feeling very satisfied.

Granted, the ending was pretty good, but I still feel like the middle 70% of the book is a bit of a pain to go through. ( )
  Kuroonehalf | Nov 22, 2014 |
What Alice Forgot, by Liane Moriarty, is another wonderful novel. I've read three by this author (so far), and I LOVE her writing style. She is so good at dropping little clues and hints throughout the story, keeping you hooked until the big reveal at the ending. I also appreciate her use of epilogues - they actually mean something, when I've found them pointless when done by other authors. What Alice Forgot is the story of a woman who falls and hits her head at the gym. When she wakes up, she has forgotten the last ten years of her life. The premise that you have to forget things in order to remember what's really important was beautiful to me. ( )
  Mathenam | Oct 30, 2014 |
I am truly besotted with Liane Moriarty's books. She comes up with unexpected story lines and keeps you guessing until the very end. As with all of her books, I loved the dialogue in "What Alice Forgot" - it just seems very realistic. I laughed out loud a few times, which is something that rarely happens - I really appreciate that. Secondary story lines involving the main character's sister and "grandmother" seemed extraneous and perplexing during the early part of the book, but they all tied together at the end in a heartwarming fashion. Loved this book! ( )
  flourgirl49 | Sep 4, 2014 |
Not as good as I'd hoped, but an interesting read. If you woke up not remembering the past ten years, would you be happy or sad to have missed them? ( )
  busyreadin | Aug 12, 2014 |
I really liked this one. Wonderful reader. Great Australian accent. Very upbeat. The premise really got me thinking. What would I think if I had lost 10 years of memories. I liked the general atmosphere, the characters, the premise and the writing style. I was very appreciative of the epilogue. I liked the ending and I felt it was realistic. ( )
  njcur | Jul 12, 2014 |
Twenty-nine-year-old Alice Love is pregnant with her first child, adores her husband, Nick, and has never set foot inside a spinning studio. Thirty-nine-year-old Alice Love suffers a sudden fall in her Friday spin class, wakes up with a splitting headache, and finds out she has three children and is in the middle of custody proceedings. Without any concrete memories of the past 10 years, Alice tries to figure out how her free-spirited 29-year-old self became a volunteer-coordinating, spin-class-attending 39-year-old woman. What Alice Forgot is an often funny, sometimes heartrending, deeply personal portrait of a woman attempting to unravel her own mystery.
added by kthomp25 | editBooklist

For Adam
She was floating, arms outspread, water lapping her body, breathing in a summery fragrance of salt and coconut.

Suffering an accident that causes her to forget the last ten years of her life, Alice is astonished to discover that she is thirty-nine years old, a mother of three children, and in the midst of an acrimonious divorce from a man she dearly loves.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,988,702 books! | Top bar: Always visible