Successful Self-Promotion for Photographers…

Successful Self-Promotion for Photographers

by Elyse Weissberg

This is a UK edition of a guide produced by a major US photographers' agent. It is very obviously the distillation of years of experience; but it cannot be said to be value for money for aspiring UK professionals or freelancers. The book refers throughout only to the US market, and indeed to the East Coast market. If you wish to sell into Madison Avenue advertising agencies or New York magazine publishers, this is the book for you. If not, then it is of limited use.

That isn't to say that I didn't glean useful information and ideas from this book; far from it. I have revised my portfolio and shall be revising it further in future to keep it relevant to potential clients. But there is much in this book that is just good plain common courtesy, much that is straightforward good business sense, a vast amount that is US-focused and only a bit which is valid for UK freelancers. A lot of what it says, I could have worked out for myself; and a lot of it I already knew. ( )
  RobertDay | Jun 29, 2009 |
Very helpful information about getting the word out. Unfortunately, I think some of this is a bit dated now that digital and the web have really come along far in the past 3 years. But a lot of her information is timeless I will grant.

One thing is that as someone new to this field I did feel it was a bit out of my league. I am stil looking for a good book on getting started in photography from a business/marketing point of view. ( )
  bacharbin | Dec 21, 2007 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 081745926X, Paperback)

There’s much more to being a professional photographer than simply taking great pictures. Today’s self-employed photographers must have marketing savvy to spare. This guide from a widely known and respected industry insider provides that—and much more.

In Successful Self-Promotion for Photographers, freelance photographers learn what they must do to improve their skills after the pictures have been developed. Featuring sections such as “Focus Your Image,” “Sharpen Your Client Focus,” “Identify Your Market,” and the ever-important “Spot Trends,” here are dozens of surefire strategies for selling services, staying on top of the latest market trends, and winning enough high-paying work to survive and thrive in this very competitive business. For any photographer looking to make it big behind the lens, this indispensable reference shows how to get the right exposure every time.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:38:59 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,909,224 books! | Top bar: Always visible