The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

The Last Song

by Nicholas Sparks

The Last Song is written to tell about a 17-year old girl, Veronica (Ronnie) Miller, who is forced to go to New York City during the summer to visit her father along with her brother. Ronnie is a stubborn, rebellious teenager who is angry partially due to the fact that her parents had divorced three years ago and her beloved father moved from New York City to Wilmington, North Carolina. Her mother thought that it would be best for Ronnie to go visit her father to try to tie their fragile bond together and be more close. While living in North Carolina, she experiences first love, loss, and many drama and everything she thought she knew comes crashing down on her...

At first, Ronnie is a rebellious and kind of an irritating person, but also deep down, Ronnie is a really kind person with flaws and is a very caring person who will fight for anything she believes in. Basically, she is your average teenager who has spunk and humor that I really enjoyed. We get to glimpse Ronnie's damaged and very flawed side and we can understand where she is coming for. Nicholas Sparks does a great job of portraying these emotional feelings and excellent character depth!

The romance was developed very well and even though it was corny, it was absolutely adorable and beautiful to witness this newly love affair. Many sweet moments of deep stolen kisses and meaningful conversation played a likeable aspect of the book.

My favorite part in The last Song was the relationship between Ronnie and her father and how it strengthened and developed over time by communication, memories, special times, and music. It was absolutely perfect, real, and has a unique charm to it! We also get to see how Ronnie changes during the course of the book and how she still remains strong during the sad/devastating moments of her life.

“Life, he realize, was much like a song. In the beginning there is mystery, in the end there is confirmation, but it's in the middle where all the emotion resides to make the whole thing... worthwhile.” ( )
  AlexisLovesBooks | Feb 9, 2016 |
Ronnie is your typical 17 year old, pissed off at the world and don't want to deal with the rentals. However, a summer in North Carolina changes her from the 17 year old to the 18 year old and the woman that she is meant to be. With love, run in with the law, self realization, as well as other typical events, it is quite the eventful summer.

I thought this book was WAY better than the movie, although I couldn't help picture Miley and the Hottie that played will while reading it. I actually cried in the end. First book in a long time to do that. ( )
  alwelker | Jan 25, 2016 |

alwelker | Jan 25, 2016 |
This latest offering from Nicholas Sparks is a lovely coming of age story which deals with relationships, love and death. The story is told from four different perspectives with each character revealing more of the story and giving slightly varied slants on the events that are occurring. Ronnie is an engaging character with a tender heart who loves her little brother and turtles, and she quickly gains the reader's empathy. In typical Sparks' fashion, I found myself crying in the last few chapters even though the ending was predictable early in the book. While I loved "The Last Song", I don't think it's my favourite Nicholas Sparks book, although it does come close. ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jan 23, 2016 |
  HeatherLINC | Jan 23, 2016 |
Typically Sparksian: an engaging if heavily telegraphed stew of romance, betrayal, and youthful discovery, garnished with a healthy dollop of Christianity.

For Theresa Parks and Greg Irikura.
My friends
Staring out the bedroom window, Ronnie wondered whether Pastor Harris was already at the church.

Seventeen year old Veronica "Ronnie" Miller's life was turned upside-down when her parents divorced and her father moved from New York City to Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina. Three years later, she remains angry and alientated from her parents, especially her father...until her mother decides it would be in everyone's best interest if she spent the summer in Wilmington with him. Ronnie's father, a former concert pianist and teacher, is living a quiet life in the beach town, immersed in creating a work of art that will become the centerpiece of a local church. The tale that unfolds is an unforgettable story of love on many levels--first love, love between parents and children -- that demonstrates, as only a Nicholas Sparks novel can, the many ways that love can break our hearts...and heal them.

Retrieved from amazon.

"Seventeen-year-old Veronica 'Ronnie' Miller's life was turned upside-down when her parents divorced and her father moved to Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina. Three years later, she remains alienated from her parents, particularly her father-- until her mother decides it would be in everyone's best interest if she and her brother spent the summer with him"--Jacket.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,233,066 books! | Top bar: Always visible