The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

The Last Song

by Nicholas Sparks

English (156)  German (5)  All (1)  All (162)
About a teenage girl named Ronnie who is forced to go and stay with her father (who she hasn't seen for a very long time). She is resentful towards her parents because of their divorce and she believes her dad is at fault.
  morganlasher | Apr 21, 2017 |
OK so I stayed up MUCH later than I intended just to finish this book.
Then I took up another few minutes to write up this review. I didn't want to write it the next day, for fear of forgetting the finer details I wanted to write about.

This story is basically your average fairytale-ish love story (with more tragedies), but it's so beautifully written that you can't help but wished it would happen to you.
And I mean the love-story part, by the way.

The basic ending is predictable, but Nicholas just has a way of writing things that... I almost feel attached to the story.

I hated Marcus from the off, and as the story progressed, I began to hate him even more. I sneaked a peek at some of the little scenes from the movie, and honestly, Movie-Marcus didn't look much like how I imagined the Book-Marcus to look like. Movie-Marcus looked more... timid than the book had described. Also, I had imagined Galadriel a.k.a Blaze to look slightly taller and with long straight hair, for some reason. Not like Movie-Blaze either.

Anyways, this book didn't suck out as much emotion from me as The Wedding did, but it was an equally good book. I'm starting to be a HUGE fan of Nicholas Sparks, however the only thing I'm worried about from reading too much of his books is having the idea that the 'perfect guy' is out there somewhere, and further disappointing my already disappointing experiences in my love life, to which I already have too high of an expectation already. > ( )
  KrystleLow | Oct 27, 2016 |
Nicholas Sparks isn't the best author ever, but i do enjoy his plots. I had already seen and enjoyed the movie and i think i enjoyed the book just as much. Probably more, since Miley Cyrus isn't in the book.

I think the characters were well-developed. There was one Captain Obvious thing that Ronnie completely misses toward the end that bugged me. But, yeah, i liked it.

*Review written on July 19, 2014.* ( )
  danaenicole | Oct 15, 2016 |
This was such a wonderful book, except for the fact that I bawled my eyes out! I want to watch the movie, but I don't think I can bring myself to, since I cried so hard reading the book. :( ( )
  CarpeLibrum58 | Jun 4, 2016 |
I think I may have liked the movie a bit better but I still enjoyed this. It was a pleasant surprise after reading that horrid book 'Dear John'. While Nicholas Sparks will probably never be a favorite of mine (way too depressing), I'm not so anti-reading some of his other books. ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
Typically Sparksian: an engaging if heavily telegraphed stew of romance, betrayal, and youthful discovery, garnished with a healthy dollop of Christianity.

For Theresa Parks and Greg Irikura.
My friends
Staring out the bedroom window, Ronnie wondered whether Pastor Harris was already at the church.

Seventeen year old Veronica "Ronnie" Miller's life was turned upside-down when her parents divorced and her father moved from New York City to Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina. Three years later, she remains angry and alientated from her parents, especially her father...until her mother decides it would be in everyone's best interest if she spent the summer in Wilmington with him. Ronnie's father, a former concert pianist and teacher, is living a quiet life in the beach town, immersed in creating a work of art that will become the centerpiece of a local church. The tale that unfolds is an unforgettable story of love on many levels--first love, love between parents and children -- that demonstrates, as only a Nicholas Sparks novel can, the many ways that love can break our hearts...and heal them.

Retrieved from amazon.

"Seventeen-year-old Veronica 'Ronnie' Miller's life was turned upside-down when her parents divorced and her father moved to Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina. Three years later, she remains alienated from her parents, particularly her father-- until her mother decides it would be in everyone's best interest if she and her brother spent the summer with him"--Jacket.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,892,681 books! | Top bar: Always visible