The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

The Last Song

by Nicholas Sparks

Recently added byprivate library, Pages_Aplenty, angiegaulin, tennwisc, Remer_Library_MN
2010 (12) adult (12) Adult Fiction (10) beach (25) cancer (44) chick lit (13) coming of age (8) contemporary (8) death (29) divorce (22) ebook (8) family (46) father-daughter relationship (9) fathers and daughters (14) fiction (138) growing up (13) love (51) love story (14) movie (8) music (10) Nicholas Sparks (23) North Carolina (22) novel (10) own (12) piano (14) read (13) relationships (17) romance (134) summer (18) to-read (44)

I renewed this twice and with all the time, I couldn't get through it. The story line was boring and predictable. Characters undeveloped and plain. I only made it half way through it in my 2 months of having it checked out and couldn't manage to make myself finish it. ( )
  berthacummins | Jun 20, 2014 |
I really enjoyed this book. There was a lot of stuff that was different to the movie. Loved the multiple narratives. It was great.

Full review: www.thebooktower.webs.com ( )
  bookish92 | Mar 20, 2014 |
I couldn't get into this book because I didn't like the characters. Ronnie was such a brat to her parents that I wanted to smack her rather than sympathize with her, so this was a DNF for me. ( )
  CyndiTefft | Feb 7, 2014 |
Seventeen year old Veronica "Ronnie" Miller's life was turned upside-down when her parents divorced and her father moved from New York City to Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina. Three years later, she remains angry and alientated from her parents, especially her father...until her mother decides it would be in everyone's best interest if she spent the summer in Wilmington with him. Ronnie's father, a former concert pianist and teacher, is living a quiet life in the beach town, immersed in creating a work of art that will become the centerpiece of a local church. The tale that unfolds is an unforgettable story of love on many levels--first love, love between parents and children -- that demonstrates, as only a Nicholas Sparks novel can, the many ways that love can break our hearts...and heal them.
  AhalyaLiteraryAngels | Dec 22, 2013 |
Ronnie Miller is an indecisive teen who is forced to stay in Wrightsville beach, North Carolina. Ronnie's parents divorced three years prior and crushed her heart leaving her with anger and the inability to commit even if her heart is willing. Ronnie's past broke her down as well as her respect for her father. She doesn't know how she will survive this summer in NC.
Her perspective is all changed when she falls for hunk of the beach Will Blankelee. She is very reluctant at first, and knows she is an unlikely match for Will. The Last Song is an unpredictable love story between a rebellious bitter girl and a heart throbbing volley ball player. A change in heart takes place on this magical summer. Nicholas Sparks does a fantastic job conducting this up and down relationship. This love novel takes you for a spin. I suggest to run and pick up The Last Song before time runs out ( )
  br14avke | Oct 30, 2013 |
Typically Sparksian: an engaging if heavily telegraphed stew of romance, betrayal, and youthful discovery, garnished with a healthy dollop of Christianity.

For Theresa Parks and Greg Irikura.
My friends
Staring out the bedroom window, Ronnie wondered whether Pastor Harris was already at the church.

Retrieved from amazon.

"Seventeen-year-old Veronica 'Ronnie' Miller's life was turned upside-down when her parents divorced and her father moved to Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina. Three years later, she remains alienated from her parents, particularly her father-- until her mother decides it would be in everyone's best interest if she and her brother spent the summer with him"--Jacket.… (more)

Four editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,523,966 books! | Top bar: Always visible