The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

The Last Song (edition 2010)

by Nicholas Sparks

Member:cbritt29
Title:The Last Song
Authors:Nicholas Sparks
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2010), Edition: 1 Reprint, Paperback, 432 pages

The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

English (170)  German (5)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (177)
My first ever Sparks in my life. Year ago, i said that i would never read any book of Nicholas. He is very presageful, at the end of the page you'll always feel what you have felt in his other books. The dying loved ones, the dying loved ones, and the dying loved ones (according to movies). Though i musjudged everything. I've already concluded things without even putting a finger in his books. And i feel bad for it. Now that i had a chance to read personally one of his inspirational books. I would say that he is an exceptional litterateur. Uh oh i ran out of words. Just read his books!!

Lesson: Never ever concluded things without even looking for it yourself. Just don't judge right away okay?

And one of the things i learned from this book is that there is more tragic event than losing someone you love, it's the feeling of emptiness because you let yourself lose God. ( )
  joyishhh | Feb 24, 2019 |
I cried my eyes out at the end of this book. It really is an amazing book. I hope that Cyrus can give Ronnie the acting she deserves. The story is captivating from beginning to end. Even being an agnostic the God stuff in the book did not bother me at all. It moved the story along for me. If you have read his other books you will not be disappointed in this one. Nicely done. ( )
  LVStrongPuff | Nov 29, 2018 |
I decided to read this book because I have watched the movie many times. After reading the book, I came to the conclusion that the book was definitely better. This book is about a girl who goes to live with her estranged father and then ends up meeting someone special. In the midst of navigating a new relationship the girl finds out that her dad has terminal cancer. She must then deal with the twists and turns this brings. Although I felt the book was better, they were equally as sad. As I was reading the book I began to cry at certain parts. When I was crying my roommate came into my room and immediately became concerned. She then asked what was wrong, and then I told her this book was really sad. She then kind of began to laugh at me and I was like "oh I thought something was seriously wrong." However, even though I thought this book was sad I still really enjoyed it. ( )
  cconsolian | Sep 10, 2018 |
This was a WONDERFUL touching story! now I can't wait to see the movie. ( )
  cubsfan3410 | Sep 1, 2018 |
I very much enjoyed other books by this author, but this one just didn't hold my interest after reading 40% of it. It seemed too much young romance and kind of contrived at that. I stopped reading it.
  ajlewis2 | Jul 11, 2018 |
Typically Sparksian: an engaging if heavily telegraphed stew of romance, betrayal, and youthful discovery, garnished with a healthy dollop of Christianity.

For Theresa Parks and Greg Irikura.
My friends
Staring out the bedroom window, Ronnie wondered whether Pastor Harris was already at the church.

Seventeen year old Veronica "Ronnie" Miller's life was turned upside-down when her parents divorced and her father moved from New York City to Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina. Three years later, she remains angry and alientated from her parents, especially her father...until her mother decides it would be in everyone's best interest if she spent the summer in Wilmington with him. Ronnie's father, a former concert pianist and teacher, is living a quiet life in the beach town, immersed in creating a work of art that will become the centerpiece of a local church. The tale that unfolds is an unforgettable story of love on many levels--first love, love between parents and children -- that demonstrates, as only a Nicholas Sparks novel can, the many ways that love can break our hearts...and heal them.

Retrieved from amazon.

"Seventeen-year-old Veronica 'Ronnie' Miller's life was turned upside-down when her parents divorced and her father moved to Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina. Three years later, she remains alienated from her parents, particularly her father-- until her mother decides it would be in everyone's best interest if she and her brother spent the summer with him"--Jacket.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,533,538 books! | Top bar: Always visible