When A Man Loves A Weapon by Toni McGee…

When A Man Loves A Weapon

by Toni McGee Causey

10 (1) 2009 (1) 2010 (2) action (3) adventure (3) bombs (1) contemporary (1) diamonds (2) fic. (1) fiction (5) humor (3) June (1) library (1) Louisiana (4) Modern Mystery (1) mystery (2) OML (1) pb (1) read (1) RO (1) romance (9) romantic suspense (1) series (4) southern (1) suspense (2) terrorists (1) to-read (3) Toni McGee Causey (2) trailer parks (1) WW (1)

Bobbie Faye is a trouble magnet, wherever she goes trouble and explosions follow. She's setting up home with FBI Agent Trevor Cormier. When he's called to go on a job she is happy, until he doesn't call.

A man she helped put behind bars is hunting her and Bobbie Faye feels a need to find out whats going on. Leaving a trail of destruction behind her.

It's not a bad read but it didn't grab me. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Jun 8, 2010 |
I'm less than excited about the change in titles for the first two books, as it was part of their charm...not to mention the new covers that have made these books have a romance feel to them. One of the things I loved about these books was the quirky charm, the long ass titles, the cover art, it all lent itself to something different and new. Now it's been whitewashed, at least on the outside. I'm hoping the stories haven't changed to fit a market too.Finished this the day it was released, but only just now playing catch up with my book reviews. I had to find my Bobby Faye book in the Romance department of Barnes and Noble, which didn't bode well for me. Like I said, read in one sitting, but I don't know if I'm over the Bobby Faye story, or I was too blind by the cheese factor of the current looks of the book and the location they're now shelved in to truly enjoy the series like I've been I'm trying to be really fair here, though if you want an illustration on how important your marketing strategy is...here's an example of a negative, changing everything mid stride.Bobby Faye is now living with Trevor...they bought a house together and are trying the happily ever after thing...only Trevor is called away. When Bobby Faye doesn't hear from him days after his deadline of being home, Bobby Faye freaks out and enlists Cam's help to track down Trevor. This is the part where Toni starts to lose me (outside of the shallow reasons previously mentioned). The constant play between the two men on almost every page after Bobby Faye gets him to help her, is way to much. 'And this? This moment right here? How she's feeling now? What she's going to do to get her out of her current mess?' AHHHHH! Quit writing the story and the inner dialogue in the form of a question...because that? That's annoying. A person can only take so much. What was cute and quirky for the first book (and by the way, I still love the first two) is now wearing on me. I love the idea of Bobby Faye, a character driven to protect her family at all costs and accidentally being the catalyst for every major disaster is funny. However, in this last one, Bobby Faye is a diluted form of her previous self. She depends on the men around her to rescue her and set things right...that's not the character I know and love. The great things about the book..I do love the humor, though the constant flow of it gives it a forced feeling in the book. I like the relationships of Cam and Bobby and Trevor and Bobby. It does make the heart leap a little at the heat...just please decide and don't make the whole book a mess of the back and forth, back and forth thing.I'm sorry, I'm just on a rant lately about characters not being who I expected them to be..and I waited and waited to do reviews because I didn't want to be reactionary in them. ( )
  Kace | Jan 30, 2010 |
Newly engaged, Bobbie Faye is still recovering from shooting her cousin, but when your finance is the hottest man on the planet, the distraction factor's fairly high. But secrets have a way of catching up with people, and Bobbie Faye's nearest and dearest may not have been exactly honest and truthful about every little detail (and a few rather large ones). And with a madman bent on blowing up half the state to take out Bobbie Faye, a little dishonesty may have very big consequences.

Another wild ride. I wish Bobbie Faye had been a tad less passive, but maybe next time. ( )
  SunnySD | Jan 3, 2010 |
CONSISTENCY. It's only a virtue if you're not a screw-up. --bumper sticker seen in Lake Charles, LA
For my girls: Amanda, Nicole, and Angela Grace
Bobbie Faye Sumrall lay flat on her back on the thick blue mat in the sparring ring, and if she weren't so exhausted, she'd kill him.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0312358512, Mass Market Paperback)

Living single in her trailer was great for a time. But now Bobbie Faye’s officially engaged to, and has purchased a home with, the hottest FBI agent on the beat: Trevor Cormier. Even though she still has no idea what he really does on the job, Bobbie Faye has never been happier…until Trevor gets called away on an urgent assignment and leaves her in the care of body-guard slash babysitter Riley.

As it turns out, Bobbie Faye could use a little extra security. The man she helped put in behind bars, the murderous Sean MacGreggor, has escaped from prison…and is dead-set on revenge. With still no word from Trevor—who was only supposed to be gone for three days—Bobbie Faye finds herself reluctantly turning to her detective ex-boyfriend Cam for help. He’s willing to do whatever it takes to protect Bobbie Faye…so long as Trevor stays out of the picture. For good.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:52:44 -0400)

Bobbie Fay Sumrall must outwit a murderer intent on revenge before she loses half the state, her ex, her friend, and her fiance, not to mention the LSU/Alabama football game.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,735,511 books! | Top bar: Always visible