No title

Authors:
Info:
Collections:

Redwoods by Jason Chin

This book is now a favorite in our home. We've read it a bunch of times now and my boys still seem to love it. It's a story about a boy who finds about about redwoods (in fact the same exact book you are reading) then all of a sudden his imagination sucks him into the book. It's an adventure story that is filled with all kinds of interesting information about redwood forests. The illustrations a enjoyable and I like that the main character of the book is of asian decent. I think more books should have main character from all backgrounds. This book would work well as a preparation to a trip to the redwoods or prior to a class discussion about redwoods. ( )
  nicholekoch | Dec 2, 2016 |
Jason Chin takes the reader on a captivating journey through a boy’s discovery and adventure with Redwood trees. “Redwoods” incorporates informational text as well as elements of fantasy in a remarkable way. The vivid illustrations allow the reader to feel as if he or she is actually among the Redwoods with the boy and squirrel that accompanies the boy throughout the book. The facts are well organized and presented in a kid-friendly manner with many comparisons to connect with the reader. I love how at the end of the story, the boy looks at his watch and runs off, leaving the book on a park bench. Then, a young girl picks up the book. Therefore, the reader can infer that she might go on a journey through the Redwoods as well, which is confirmed on the last page of the book. The very end of the book has a section titled “Redwoods in Danger” which act as an extension lesson on preservation of the environment. Loved this book! ( )
  paigenbrown | Nov 17, 2016 |
This book is a nonfiction set with a strong and very pretty picture storybook. Also,this book is a must-have common core tool for teachers who want to introduce scientific principals to young students. ( )
  Taylor_skinner | Nov 3, 2016 |
A great mix of fantasy and non-fiction book about Redwood trees. The boy in the book finds an abandonded book about Redwoods. As we reads the book, he enters different time periods and places, all while learning all about Redwood trees. ( )
  ebecker13 | Sep 8, 2016 |
This bbok was incredible. I am absolutely planning on going to see the Redwoods as soon as I can! ( )
  bburton131 | Jun 19, 2016 |

A young city boy, riding the subway, finds an abandoned book about redwoods. He finds himself in the very forest described in the book. After finishing the book, he leaves it for someone else to read.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,755,585 books! | Top bar: Always visible