Greetings from Somewhere Else by Monica…

Greetings from Somewhere Else

by Monica McInerney

This is not McInerney's best novel. I enjoyed the basic storyline, but Lainey's continual daydreams and fantasies were just over the top and annoying. However, it was good having Eva and Joseph, from "Upside Down, Inside Out", play such a major role in this book. ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jan 23, 2016 |
Lightweight and enjoyable. ( )
  ElizabethCromb | Dec 28, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I was very excited when I found out I was going to receive this through LTER - it combined a few of my favorite dreams: running a B&B, cooking, travel and Ireland. At end of it, I have mixed feelings about it. Maybe I had expectations that were too high because of my passions for so many of the aspects of the book. And yes, there were definitely some laugh-out-loud lines, but overall, it was just fine. ( )
  kmboyett | Mar 9, 2010 |

"Lainey Byrne is a master at controlled chaos, juggling her hectic, demanding job, her chef boyfriend with his crazy hours, and her roiling family with all its daily dramas. But her life truly threatens to spin out of control when her aunt May, who owns a B&B in Ireland, passes away. In order for the Byrnes to collect their inheritance, someone from the family must take over Aunt May ?s business for a year. And apparently that someone is Lainey."--Back cover.… (more)

Monica McInerney is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Greetings from Somewhere Else by Monica McInerney was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,140,887 books! | Top bar: Always visible