True Mom Confessions: Real Moms Get Real by…

True Mom Confessions: Real Moms Get Real

by Romi Lassally

Short read. Can be read over two or three hours. It's a compilation of items from TrueMomConfessions.com & some essays from some other slightly imperfect mothers. This book is great for when you're wishing you did a better job as a mom. ( )
  luvlylibrarian | Jan 13, 2010 |
Have you ever heard of a website named TrueMomConfessions.com? This book is a compilation of that website. With this site, Romi Lassally and other mothers around the world take the opportunity to share their deepest and darkest secrets with each other and the world, without the fear of being judged. From the simple or silly confessions, to the heartbreaking and difficult ones. The examples of how other mothers deal with their kids, cope with sad times or even help themselves better enjoy the great times. Nothing is off limits in the website, and this book has included many of it's entries. There is the two and three page stories, and there are your basic one liners.

The format of this book made it a very quick and easy read. Several short stories and page after page of the mom comments. This book covers things from little white lies to sexy mamas, lots of fun, lots of hard admissions from people that go through the same thing as a lot of us do everyday. Just knowing others go through and feel the same things I do makes it feel like I am not so alone in my mothering role.

I don't read many non-fiction books, but this one is a B-day gift from hubby. Thanks sweetie! ( )
  onyx95 | Apr 30, 2009 |

Mothers' hilarious, outrageous, heartfelt admissions

"Sometimes I lock myself in the bathroom."

"I put an educational DVD on so I could have sex. It wasn't with my husband.
"

Romi Lassally provides a judgment-free zone where women can reveal their mommy misdemeanors. From not feeling like cleaning up vomit in the middle of the night, to barking something completely inappropriate to the children, to wanting to be pawed by hands that aren't covered in jelly, the confessions pour in daily.

Heartfelt and hilarious, naughty and nasty, frank and outrageous, the confessions culled together for this book represent the best-or the worst?-of those humbling hidden secrets of motherhood in all its glorious messiness as improvisation and triage. They dare to suggest that it's okay for moms to make mistakes, to have unkind thoughts, to publicly or privately embarrass themselves-and above all to be human.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:17 -0400)

Heartfelt and hilarious, naughty and nasty, frank and outrageous, these confessions selected from postings made on the Web site TrueMomConfessions are presented in a judgment-free zone, where women can reveal their mommy misdemeanors.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,155,935 books! | Top bar: Always visible