Delicious by Sherry Thomas

Delicious (2008)

by Sherry Thomas

Wow, that was a highly anti-climatic ending.

I really wanted to like this.

I won't deny that I was peeved by the fact that the protagonists did not meet face to face until page 167. Had I less patience, I would've tossed the book aside. Verity had some moments where I sincerely did not understand the course of thought that led to her actions. I didn't mind so much that they didn't have a series of deep, meaningful conversations because to my understanding they had bonded when they first met. The plot twists and their resolutions were, for lack of a better word, ridiculous. I did like that it revolved around food.

Stuart was kind but failed to jump out of the page as hero to me. Verity was ok when my highbrow wasn't completely arched wondering what the hell she was thinking. Another thing that drove me bonkers was that I did not get a clear view of the characters until I was about 50 pages into the book. I need to know what kind of person I am picturing as I read! But that's my problem for being overly visual. The resolution was a little abrupt and not at all satisfying as Verity's dishes are described to be.

Her writing however was very beautiful and managed to keep me reading for the length of the book. ( )
  lapiccolina | Jun 23, 2017 |
What can I say more that others have already said. It is a wonderful book. Go and read it. ( )
  Marcella1717 | Jan 22, 2016 |
Primero: Odio los retellings de Cenicienta. Creo que es el cuento de hadas más aburrido de la historia.

Segundo: Los protagonistas no pegaban ni con poxiran. Y la historia de amor a primera vista ya es cansadora.

Tercero: La trama era demasiado tirada de los pelos. No tenía pies ni goyete. (En resumen Un tipo comprometido que le mete los cuernos a su novia con una cocinera que siempre se mueve en la oscuridad, y a quien él jamás llega a verle la cara; ni tampoco a darse cuenta nunca de que es el gran amor de su vida con la cual él pasó dos días de amor intenso hace diez años!)

CUARTO: La misma autora, ya hizo la misma trama en otro libro ([b:Beguiling the Beauty|11990937|Beguiling the Beauty (Fitzhugh Trilogy, #1)|Sherry Thomas|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1318999928s/11990937.jpg|16954866], con unos pequeños cambios, pero básicamente lo mismo)

Quinto: Estaba más interesante la pareja secundaria (Will y Lizzy).

Otro libro decepcionante de Sherry Thomas.
  LaMala | Jun 7, 2015 |
I'm kicking myself for waiting so long to read this. It's been in my TBR pile since it released, but I kept skipping over it. What an excellent read! I loved the writing - Thomas really draws the reader in with bold descriptions and beautiful prose.

The characters were unconventional and lovely - a cook and a barrister in a historical novel? Wonderful. I can't wait to pick up another Thomas book. ( )
  cranberrytarts | Sep 22, 2013 |

Ayers, AlanCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Biondi, GraziaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Busnel, AnneTraductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Louie, YookCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"When I write about hunger, I am really writing about love and the hunger for it, and warmth, and the love of it... and then the warmth and richness and fine reality of hunger satisfied."
-- M.F.K. Fisher
To my husband. Each day with you is a perfect beginning to the rest of my life.
In retrospect people said it was a Cinderella story.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0440244323, Mass Market Paperback)

Famous in Paris, infamous in London, Verity Durant is as well-known for her mouthwatering cuisine as for her scandalous love life. But that’s the least of the surprises awaiting her new employer when he arrives at the estate of Fairleigh Park following the unexpected death of his brother.

To rising political star Stuart Somerset, Verity Durant is just a name and food is just food, until her first dish touches his lips. Only one other time had he felt such pure arousal–a dangerous night of passion with a stranger, who disappeared at dawn. Ten years is a long time to wait for the main course, but when Verity Durant arrives at his table, there’s only one thing that will satisfy Stuart’s appetite for more. But is his hunger for lust, revenge–or that rarest of delicacies, love? For Verity’s past has a secret that could devour them both even as they reach for the most delicious fruit of all.…

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:35 -0400)

Famous in Paris, infamous in London, Verity Durant is as well-known for her mouthwatering cuisine as for her scandalous love life. But that's the least of the surprises awaiting her new employer when he arrives at the estate of Fairleigh Park following the unexpected death of his brother.… (more)

Sherry Thomas is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,022,645 books! | Top bar: Always visible