MASH Goes to New Orleans by Richard Hooker

MASH Goes to New Orleans (1975)

by Richard Hooker, William E. Butterworth (Author)

Series: MASH (3)

I actually purchasd this book because I couldn't find it from any library. It may be the only "grown-up" book I have ever started and finished in the same day. This is partically related to how good and interesting the story was, and partially because I happened to have nearly 9 hours on a plane.

Many Parts of "MASH goes to Paris" (the 4th in the seres) I felt I missed out because I hadn't first read this, (the third in the series). REally, though most of the parts I thought I missed the details on, really happened "between" books.

Basically Hawkeye is about to have his 4th kid, he hasn't been able to be at the birth of his last 3, and his wife isn't about to let him be around for the 4th.

Trapper John kidnaps him to New Orleans, to go to some Vicitim convention. They run into Burns (the head of the victim group) and Hot Lips (who apparently married some oil barron, who died and now she's a "nurse without borders" sort of).

Hilarity ensues, Father Mulcahey (now an archbishop in China) shows up too, and they all get Drunk, except Burns who is trying to convince his wife that he was the commander officer.

The best characters, however, are the Bayou Perdu Knight of Columbus, who have to make large donations to Catholic charities to make up for all the drinking and hell raising they do. Oh the 70s, how I was too late for the good times in the K of C.

They made a difference, even if it was entirely unbelievable, but if you go into it knowing its going to be a "bad movie" you'll love it, as long as you're in the mood for a bad movie. ( )
  fulner | Aug 12, 2015 |

Richard Hookerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Butterworth, William E.Authormain authorall editionsconfirmed
The day had begun, unlike any other, on the rock-bound coast of Maine.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,369,182 books! | Top bar: Always visible