Black Bird, Vol. 2 by Kanoko Sakurakoji

Black Bird, Vol. 2 (edition 2009)

by Kanoko Sakurakoji, Kanoko Sakurakoji (Illustrator)

Member:Neverwithoutabook
Title:Black Bird, Vol. 2
Authors:Kanoko Sakurakoji
Other authors:Kanoko Sakurakoji (Illustrator)
Info:
Collections:Your library, Store, Read but unowned
Tags:Ficiton, Manga, Paranormal, 12 in 12

Black Bird, Vol. 2 by Kanoko Sakurakoji

The second volume begins with Misao meeting Kyo's vassals, the other Tengu clans. They are all stunningly beautiful and ready to protect her and do her bidding. She is also startled to meet Kyo's older brother, Shojo, who looks just like him and seems very gentle and even says he can get back her memories of her childhood with Kyo. At least, he seems really gentle until she disobeys Kyo's order to stay away from him, gets tied up, and Shojo says he's going to rape, kill, and eat her. Kyo and the other Tengus save her and she accepts that she will be Kyo's wife one day. Her next mistake is sillier; her girlfriends want to see a picture of her boyfriend, but she can hardly do that since he's a teacher. So she gets the other Tengus to pose with her, simultaneously making Kyo mad and hurting his feelings. She says one of the most icky things so far "he uses force to tell me what he's thinking" and tells him she loves him. And her dad comes home.

I can see the appeal in this - the same as the Twilight books really. I'd feel extremely uncomfortable giving them to a teen girl who didn't have a good handle on normal relationships though. And how can you tell that? They have more overt sexuality than the Twilight books (at least until you get to the last volume) and Misao slapping Kyo when he cops a feel doesn't really make her a strong woman. She even realizes at one point that he's always saving her but she doesn't bring anything to this relationship, other than blood. Literally. So...on the one hand I find the relationship very disturbing, on the other hand it's a fantasy after all - he's a demon so they're not going to have a normal human relationship and I enjoy reading them. I wouldn't put them in the teen section though, unless your main audience was older/mature teens.
  JeanLittleLibrary | Jun 14, 2014 |
This one was a little better in alleviating my confusion, but at the same time raising my wrathful ire of what I absolutely hate. Love triangles! Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh​!

This would have been better if it had been all laid out on the table. Don't try to keep secrets in a relationship, this manga is a perfect example of what not to do!
Three stars for you! Grrrrr. ( )
  wickedshizuku | May 12, 2014 |
More of the same in the first volume. Characterization is rounded out a bit more in this volume and the innuendo only gets stronger. For mature audiences only. ( )
  DeweyEver | Mar 25, 2014 |
The two main characters are beginning to realize their attraction to each other but also that Misao doesn't really remember their past. I'm enjoying this light read so will continue, besides, I find myself wanting to know what the ending will be. ( )
  Neverwithoutabook | Dec 18, 2012 |
Again Misao is trying to come to terms with the world she has to deal with, the man who wants her as a bride and the consequences of marrying him. She wants to think he loves her but she can't remember her past, can she discover more when his brother comes into her life, again.

It's slowmoving but interesting. I think I'll be taking a break from it for a while, I need a bit more action in my fiction at the moment. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Mar 21, 2012 |

Kyo, the head of the Tengu demon clan, is Misao's only chance for survival. But even though she has sweet memories of him as a childhood friend, she has trouble reconciling them with the man he has become. Despite the strange attraction, can she trust her life, let alone her heart, to a man who only cares about the promise of her blood? There is a world of myth and magic that intersects ours, and only a special few can see it. Misao Harada is one such person, and she wants nothing to do with magic realms. She just wants to have a normal high school life and maybe get a boyfriend. But she is the bride of demon prophecy, and her blood grants incredible powers, her flesh immortality. Now the demon realm is fighting over the right to her hand or her life.

"Kyo, the head of the Tengu demon clan, is Misao's only chance for survival. But even though she has sweet memories of him as a childhood friend, she has trouble reconciling them with the man he has become. Despite the strange attraction she feels for Kyo, can she trust her life, let alone her heart, to a man who only cares about the promise of her blood?" -- from publisher's web site.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,353,678 books! | Top bar: Always visible