Black Bird, Vol. 2 by Kanoko Sakurakoji

Black Bird, Vol. 2 (edition 2009)

by Kanoko Sakurakoji, Kanoko Sakurakoji (Illustrator)

Member:Neverwithoutabook
Title:Black Bird, Vol. 2
Authors:Kanoko Sakurakoji
Other authors:Kanoko Sakurakoji (Illustrator)
Info:VIZ Media LLC (2009), Edition: Original, Paperback, 200 pages
Collections:Your library, Store, Read but unowned
Tags:Ficiton, Manga, Paranormal, 12 in 12

Black Bird, Vol. 2 by Kanoko Sakurakoji

Well the plot thickens ad Misao continues to resist Kyo advances. I found his fondling of her breasts and sexual comments to be a bit off-kilter. But otherwise, his attempts to win Misao get him further when they are genuine protestations of his personal interest, rather than his demonic horniness. I also enjoyed the introduction of the Lord Kyo's vassals, particularly the adorable Taro. However, it is also revealed that Kyo's wasn't the intended head of his family, leaving his older brother full of jealousy and a desire to claim Misao for himself. But he isn't the only one, a fox demon clan heir also has designs on Misao while a deadly venemous she-demon has her sights on Lord Kyo himself! While Misao grows closer to understanding her feelings for Kyo, she also begins to understand this mysterious man's true feelings for her. But will the course of true love ever run smooth? ( )
  ThothJ | Dec 4, 2015 |
Dear Readers,

By the time I finished Black Bird Volume II I realized that I’m now hopelessly addicted to this series and all its fascinating main characters. In this edition, Kyo’s eight Tengu daitengu (imagine them as his 8 best friends and bodyguards to Misao) come to town to meet his “bride-to-be” that they’ve heard Kyo obsess over for the last ten years.

I bet ya every time I read about them I had stars in my eyes. They are all completely adorable, especially the six-year-old triplets, two of which are Taro’s (Kyo’s house servant and trainee) brothers. Why can’t they be real so I can give them huuugs??? *sob* It was fun watching the eight interact with Misao. They took her under their wings (I’m so punny) and treated her like she was their sibling. I hope they’ll be sticking around for the next few novels!

Along with the daitengu visits Kyo’s older brother, the ex-heir to clan Tengu that despises Kyo for becoming leader. At first he appears to be suave and charming, but his nefarious plot is soon discovered when he kidnaps Misao and Taro, and I discovered just how sick he really is . . .

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this sequel. It was as humorous as the first Black Bird volume and even more endearing. Misao and Kyo make the cutest couple . . . and those kissing scenes . . . ♥_♥ I cannot wait to see what Sakurakouji has up her sleeves for volume three!

Taro obsessed,
♥One Curvy Blogger
http://onecurvyblogger.com ( )
  One_Curvy_Blogger | Feb 3, 2015 |

Kyo, the head of the Tengu demon clan, is Misao's only chance for survival. But even though she has sweet memories of him as a childhood friend, she has trouble reconciling them with the man he has become. Despite the strange attraction, can she trust her life, let alone her heart, to a man who only cares about the promise of her blood? There is a world of myth and magic that intersects ours, and only a special few can see it. Misao Harada is one such person, and she wants nothing to do with magic realms. She just wants to have a normal high school life and maybe get a boyfriend. But she is the bride of demon prophecy, and her blood grants incredible powers, her flesh immortality. Now the demon realm is fighting over the right to her hand or her life.

"Kyo, the head of the Tengu demon clan, is Misao's only chance for survival. But even though she has sweet memories of him as a childhood friend, she has trouble reconciling them with the man he has become. Despite the strange attraction she feels for Kyo, can she trust her life, let alone her heart, to a man who only cares about the promise of her blood?" -- from publisher's web site.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,104,542 books! | Top bar: Always visible