Winter Prey by John Sandford

Winter Prey (original 1993; edition 2002)

by John Sandford

Member:MichWasHere
Title:Winter Prey
Authors:John Sandford
Info:Berkley (2002), Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Tags:Suspense

Winter Prey by John Sandford (1993)

English (15)  Dutch (1)  All languages (16)
Besides Jim Butcher's Dresden Files books this is the longest series of books I've read. I like that they are all connected and follow the life/career of Lucas Davenport over the years. They are pretty cookie cutter a lot of he time, but that is why I like them, I know what I am getting! ( )
  Sarah_Buckley | Jan 3, 2014 |
This is the 2nd book in the "Prey" series that I've read. I thought it a bit better than "Invisible prey." ( )
  phillipfrey | Dec 18, 2013 |
Cameras and sex - never a good idea.

Jobless after a police brutality charge, Davenport is holed up in his cabin during a north woods winter - not the best place for someone with depression. Lucky for him, a baffling murder in a nearby town has the sheriff requesting help.

Excellent. ( )
  SunnySD | Apr 20, 2013 |
Unlike most authors, I'm not reading the Prey books in order - I'll pretty much take whatever I can get, whenever I can get it. This book is quite early in the series, before the BCA. This is the story in which Davenport meets Weather.

Of course that's not the whole plot. The "bad guy" was a mystery (to me) until quite late in the book. The references to child molestation were a bit off-putting toward the beginning of the book, though murder-wise, this was less gruesome than some other Prey stories.

Probably not my favorite of the series, but it was still strong. It was good to get the Lucas/Weather story "first hand".

FiberBabble | Mar 30, 2013 |
It is winter in the remote, dark Wisconsin woods, but the chill in the local sheriff's bones has nothing to do with the weather. The extravagance of the crime is new to him: the murdered man, woman and child; the machete-like knife through the man's head; the ashes of the fire-consumed house spread over the ice and snow. In desperation, the sheriff turns for help to the reclusive lawman he'd heard had a cabin up here, and with reluctance Davenport agrees, but it is a decision he will soon have reason to regret. ( )
  jepeters333 | Sep 23, 2012 |

John Sandfordprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ferrone, RichardNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425141233, Mass Market Paperback)

Lucas Davenport searches the icy woods of rural Wisconsin for a brutal killer known only as the Iceman.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:34:11 -0400)

Called in to assist the sheriff from a remote, rural area of Wisconsin in his investigation into a brutal triple homicide, Lucas Davenport begins to uncover a shocking series of vicious crimes that stun even Davenport with their evil intent.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,251,770 books! | Top bar: Always visible