Fang by James Patterson

Fang (2010)

by James Patterson

1,511454,898 (4)19

Started December, 11th 2012.
More or less the same as the other box in the series, lots of action, tough decisions etc. .
As it has been a few weeks since the last Maximum Ride Book I was in the mood to give it 4 stars, but then I looked back at the other books and could not justify that.
So 3 stars it is.
While I will surely read the other books from the series till it is finished, I am glad the end is near.
And it will not be this year, rather January or later.
  Ingo.Lembcke | Oct 27, 2015 |
Okay, this book was well written and jam pack full of mind blowing twists and turns and plenty of emotion. With that said the developments with Angel, Iggy, Nudge, Gazzy, and Fang are way out of the way the story had been developing. Max is the only one who seems to be staying the course. I was mostly disappointed because of that fact alone. I have liked this series up until this book. I must say that the way this book went through these new quite dramatic changes really shocked me and since I just finished reading it about an hour ago maybe I am still in shock.

The story is still fluid, and them start jumping around! Not as in plot or whatever but in general in trying to keep up with all the new developments. I must say that although it kept me on edge I did expect there to be some closure. The other books thus far had given some closure while the flocked prepared for the next leg of their journey. This one? Not so much. All the characters are back which is awesome along with the new villains and the introduction of Dylan. The usual kicking butt and saving the day at the nail biting last minute is still there but with some shocks. So, get ready and hang on couse the road is bumpy in this one. ( )
  jessica_reads | Mar 24, 2015 |
This is the best book in my entire library and I can not wait to see the next book in the series(Angel). I love Fang, he is my absolute favorite character in the entire series! He is so awesome, just the kind of guy who is dark but I really really sweet and romantic. Plus this is one of my all time favorite authors master piece. ( )
  JaFi14 | Mar 5, 2015 |
"Fang" by James Patterson was such a disappointment. Don't get me wrong I loved the Maximum Ride series and all it's characters. The plot was amazing and it was just a fantastic series.It's James Patterson who was the disappointment due to his writing style turning into such a mess. To me his writing became very poor and has destroyed the series for me. All the older books are superb, but now I don't even want even want to purchase any of his new work. This book was just not worth the money and it was just really poorly done. The chapters were horrendously short and the characters I used to love were butchered. All in all this was just a throw away book for me. ( )
  Jennamarie96 | Mar 4, 2015 |
"Thank God men cannot fly, and lay waste the sky as well as the earth." -- Henry David Thoreau
Many thanks to Gabrielle Charbonnet,
my conspirator, who flies high and cracks wise.
And to Mary Jordan, for brave assistance
and research at evry twist and turn.
I'm a girl of extremes.

Being a kid with wings--constantly on the run--has never been easy, and Max and her flock are getting tenser than ever. First, on a trip to Africa, they meet a mysterious billionaire whose intense scrutiny of the flock makes her fear the worst. Then, a cryptic message from a young girl arrives, warning them "The sky will fall." And as if an impending apocalypse weren't bad enough, canny birdkid Angel makes a dire prophecy about Max's soul mate: Fang will be the first to die.

Max's desperate desire to protect Fang brings the two closer than ever. But can the team weather the storm, or will the turmoil rip them apart for the last time?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:24 -0400)

When Max and the Flock discover an unscrupulous scientist who is experimenting on humans in an effort to "improve" the human race, they decide that they must try to stop him, in spite of Angel's prediction about Fang dying.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,857,666 books! | Top bar: Always visible