Fang: A Maximum Ride Novel by James…

Fang: A Maximum Ride Novel (original 2010; edition 2011)

by James Patterson

1,441405,209 (4)19
Member:TammyPhillips
Title:Fang: A Maximum Ride Novel
Authors:James Patterson
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2011), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 336 pages
Collections:Read but unowned

Fang by James Patterson (2010)

I loved the book but it wasn't the best book in the Maximum Ride series. Spoilers ahead!

If you've read my other MR book reviews you may already know that I love Max and Fang as a couple. I'm a huge Fax shipper. And all the cute Max and Fang moments were awesome, and for some reason, this makes the Flock mad, Angel mad me really mad in this book. Was it really necessary to kick Max out of the Flock?! All she did was go to the store! It's not her fault Erasers attacked the Flock! And Why were there Erasers anyway? Didn't we find out in book three the all the Erasers were dead?

Also I really, really, really don't like Dylan. Really, James Patterson? You couldn't let Max and Fang be a happy couple without there being a love triangle for one book?!

And Mr. Chu is a frog thing?

And the ending made me cry. Not cool James Patterson! Do authors love to make me cry? ( )
  barbiekait | Oct 16, 2014 |
Okay, this book was well written and jam pack full of mind blowing twists and turns and plenty of emotion. With that said the developments with Angel, Iggy, Nudge, Gazzy, and Fang are way out of the way the story had been developing. Max is the only one who seems to be staying the course. I was mostly disappointed because of that fact alone. I have liked this series up until this book. I must say that the way this book went through these new quite dramatic changes really shocked me and since I just finished reading it about an hour ago maybe I am still in shock.

The story is still fluid, and them start jumping around! Not as in plot or whatever but in general in trying to keep up with all the new developments. I must say that although it kept me on edge I did expect there to be some closure. The other books thus far had given some closure while the flocked prepared for the next leg of their journey. This one? Not so much. All the characters are back which is awesome along with the new villains and the introduction of Dylan. The usual kicking butt and saving the day at the nail biting last minute is still there but with some shocks. So, get ready and hang on couse the road is bumpy in this one. ( )
  jesssika | Sep 9, 2014 |
I love these books because they move along at breakneck speed while keeping you totally invested in the characters. Max is delightfully ironic. The action is fun and suspenseful. And, gasp, the romance is interesting and not overdone. A great page turner. ( )
  EmilyKM | Apr 16, 2014 |
From Wikipedia Fang: A Maximum Ride Novel is the sixth book in the Maximum Ride series written by James Patterson. It was released on February 5, 2010 in Australia, New Zealand and the UK and was released in the US on March 15, 2010. Its tag line is: He has always been there for her. Now he may be gone forever. Read more - Shopping-Enabled Wikipedia on Amazon In the article: Plot | Main characters | Reception From School Library Journal Gr 6-9–Patterson has created another thrilling adventure that is sure to capture readers' imaginations. Max is the leader of a group known as the Flock, and the story revolves around her struggles and emotional dilemmas. These winged mutants are set upon by an evil scientist who wants to use their special talents to suit his own ends. However, that is just one of Max's problems. After a dire prediction by Angel, she is terrified that Fang will die. He is the love of Max's life, and she can not bear the thought of losing him. The author's strong writing style will draw readers into the situations that arise as Max tries to protect the Flock from peril while attempting to avoid Fang's impending doom. The love triangle between Max, Fang, and another winged mutant is also well developed and creates tension throughout. The story line moves readers from the dry, sweltering heat of Africa to the bright lights of Hollywood as Max tries to maintain unity in the Flock and shelter them from danger. The action builds throughout, and there are enough plot twists and surprises to keep readers guessing about what will happen next as the young Flock is eventually snared in the villain's web. Patterson's quick-paced tale of adventure, betrayal, and redemption is full of vibrant and memorable characters. It truly has bite.–Greg Stone, Oak Mountain Middle School, Birmingham, AL?(c) Copyright 2010. Library Journals LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Media Source, Inc. No redistribution permitted. ( )
  Hans.Michel | Sep 13, 2013 |
This book was not nearly as bad as its two predecessors. For one thing, the world's most annoying dog (Total) was pleasingly absent from much of it and for another thing, the bird-kids didn't develop any additional super-talents. However, like many of Patterson's books, this came across as all action and little substance. One cannot help but feel that Patterson churns out books the same way a baker turns out batch after batch of muffins - competently, but always sticking to the same recipe. Unremarkable, but fun. As I listened to this on audio book, the epilogues involving Fang's blog was pretty much a mumble-jumble of nonsense. Some things are better read than heard, I guess. ( )
  LemurKat | Sep 12, 2013 |
"Thank God men cannot fly, and lay waste the sky as well as the earth." -- Henry David Thoreau
Many thanks to Gabrielle Charbonnet,
my conspirator, who flies high and cracks wise.
And to Mary Jordan, for brave assistance
and research at evry twist and turn.
I'm a girl of extremes.

Being a kid with wings--constantly on the run--has never been easy, and Max and her flock are getting tenser than ever. First, on a trip to Africa, they meet a mysterious billionaire whose intense scrutiny of the flock makes her fear the worst. Then, a cryptic message from a young girl arrives, warning them "The sky will fall." And as if an impending apocalypse weren't bad enough, canny birdkid Angel makes a dire prophecy about Max's soul mate: Fang will be the first to die.

Max's desperate desire to protect Fang brings the two closer than ever. But can the team weather the storm, or will the turmoil rip them apart for the last time?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:50:34 -0400)

When Max and the Flock discover an unscrupulous scientist who is experimenting on humans in an effort to "improve" the human race, they decide that they must try to stop him, in spite of Angel's prediction about Fang dying.

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,040,623 books! | Top bar: Always visible