ArchEnemy by Frank Beddor

Authors:Frank Beddor
Info:Speak (2010), Paperback, 392 pages
Collections:Your library, To read, Own

ArchEnemy by Frank Beddor

A fine conclusion to the series. Not quite as strong as the first book, but better than the second in my opinion. (Though lacking the ability to give it 4.5 stars, it still gets 5. The Looking Glass Wars would be a 6!) ( )
  Zensunni42 | Nov 15, 2016 |
A lackluster ending to an otherwise great series. I just wasn't as enthralled as with the previous books. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't be drawn into this fantasy. ( )
  benuathanasia | Aug 13, 2016 |
I'm going to be honest. This book drags on and on at first. It picks up in the middle, more towards the end-ish. It has a really interesting ending which I liked, but it really took forever to get there. ( )
  oxlabyrinthxo | Jul 10, 2016 |
It felt like a lot of buildup to not much actually happening. Probably my favorite parts were with Hatter and Molly, but they weren't in it enough. I don't care about Alyss and Dodge. Their little romance and inner conflicts weren't given much time to really be developed, and yet they're the main characters...?

Plot was interesting. Redd and Arch were cool. The Oracles were cool. The ending was cool. Just... not super cool I guess.

Overall left me with a bland feeling. ( )
  BrynDahlquis | Jul 4, 2016 |
In ArchEnemy, Frank Beddor, brings The Looking Glass War trilogy to it's conclusion. Imagination has been snuffed out and for now Arch and Redd are continuing to cooperate with each other. Molly and Hatter are mourning together the loss of Weaver far from where their duties require them. Back in Wondertropolis the Clubs are working hard to effect a revolt against the Imaginationists. In the palace Alyss, Dodge, Bibwit, General Doppleganger and the rest of the Alyssians struggle to figure out how to get everything under control. Oh and of course the Caterpiller oracles are plotting only they know what.

ArchEnemy was an enjoyable read, though like the second in the series, it lacked some of the magic of the first book. Beddor managed to tie the story up nicely, leaving no loose ends, and we of course get the happy ending that we've come to expect from our fairy tales. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who enjoys twists on old favorites, younger readers, and it would make a great story to read aloud with your children. ( )
  Mootastic1 | Jan 15, 2016 |
Alyss of Wonderland raced up the front walk, using her imagination to unlock the door and turn the latch.

Discover the fate of Wonderland- and imagination itself- in this riveting conclusion to the New York Times bestselling trilogy.

The Heart Crystal’s power has been depleted, and Imagination along with it. The people of Wonderland have all lost their creative drive, and most alarmingly, even Queen Alyss is without her powers. There is some comfort in the fact that the vicious Redd Heart seems to be similarly disabled. Amazingly, she is attempting to team up with her enemy, Alyss, in order to reclaim Wonderland from King Arch. Alyss might have no choice but to accept Redd’s overtures, especially when she begins to receive alarming advice from the caterpillar oracles.

Page-turning and complex, this culmination of the Wonderland saga is intensely satisfying.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:58 -0400)

Virtuous Queen Alyss, who has lost the power of imagination, and her murderous aunt Redd battle for control of Wonderland.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,316,765 books! | Top bar: Always visible