Check out the Valentine’s Day Heart Hunt!

Dark Entries (Vertigo Crime) by Ian Rankin

Dark Entries (Vertigo Crime) (original 2009; edition 2009)

by Ian Rankin, Werther Dell'Edera (Illustrator)

Member:lex10
Title:Dark Entries (Vertigo Crime)
Authors:Ian Rankin
Other authors:Werther Dell'Edera (Illustrator)
Info:Vertigo (2009), Edition: 1St Edition, Hardcover, 216 pages

Dark Entries by Ian Rankin (2009)

English (24)  Dutch (1)  All languages (25)
Wow, really good. Way better than I expected. I don't know why I should have expected any less from Ian Rankin. One of my favorite Hellblazer stories of all time. Fit right into the universe. ( )
  CSDaley | Mar 28, 2018 |
Decent story and script marred by some truly horrendous art. ( )
  rickklaw | Oct 13, 2017 |
Constantine one-shot elevated by an excellent author ( )
  bensdad00 | Jan 10, 2017 |
Book Description
HELLBLAZER's John Constantine must become part of HAUNTED PALACE -- a closed-set reality game-show (think BIG BROTHER or SCI-FI's new reality show, ESTATE OF PANIC) in order to deal with a supernatural murder of one of the contestants. He enters as a 'surprise' contestant and meets the other participants, learning that they all have secrets and that one of them must be 'channeling' poltergeists and/or be the murderer.

However, John soon learns that he is in fact in a game-show which is being broadcast only to the denizens of Hell, who have chosen him to be the next contestant. Now he has to figure out who's the killer but also how to escape with his own soul in one piece.

Book Review
This is a black and white graphic crime/mystery novel and not one of my favorite genres. It was akin to reading a long comic strip. The main character, John Constantine, apparently is a DC Comic character with his own series. This is the first graphic novel by Ian Rankin and was a very quick read but I think I enjoy his Rebus books better. I didn't realize this was a graphic novel when I ordered it but read it anyway in order to check out the genre and the artwork. The plot was unique as Constantine becomes a contestant on a reality TV show called "Haunted Mansion". I did enjoy some of the humor and would recommend this book to those who enjoy graphic novels. ( )
  EadieB | Sep 21, 2016 |
Paranormal Investigator John Constantine is approached by a reality tv producer to be an additional contestant in a haunted house show. The show has already begun airing with six contestants, but weird stuff is happening that the production crew has nothing to do with. Constantine is paid a hefty sum to go in as a mole and find out what is really going on, all in front of millions of viewers. ( )
  mstrust | Apr 21, 2016 |
Rankin brings a new spin to the character, placing him in a far different setting than the usual seedy London streets where we would expect to find Constantine. But while Dark Entries proves to be effective as a new Hellblazer adventure, it also works as a telling commentary on the current state of popular culture without even a hint of a lecturing tone.

Ian Rankinprimary authorall editionscalculated
Dell'Edera, WertherIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Early evening in anytown...

Occult detective John Constantine has seem many strange things in his career, but the horrors of "reality television" are a new genre. When in the "Haunted Mansion", a hot new show on TV, the house itself starts attacking the contestants, Constantine must figure out who, or what, is pulling the strings in this macabre situation, before it becomes his last investigation.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,486,516 books! | Top bar: Always visible