Penguin Chick (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out…

Penguin Chick (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science)

by Betty Tatham

I'll be honest, there are a billion baby penguin books out there and I don't even remember if this is the right one. It was cute, and they didn't shy away too much from the fact that a leopard seal or orca whale will eat the fuck out of a baby penguin, which makes them braver than me. ( )
  MeditationesMartini | Mar 15, 2017 |
informative book about penguins, how they live, where they live, how they survive.
1 book
  TUCC | Dec 2, 2016 |
I listened to my third grader read this book aloud. Our whole family enjoyed it. It is informative without overloading the reader with information. The illustrations are cute and enhance the text. I'm glad this is in her reading book. ( )
  teeney | Mar 14, 2014 |
  teeney | Mar 14, 2014 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0064452069, Paperback)

An emperor penguin lays an egg on the Antarctic ice. In the bitter cold, miles away from the only source of food, how can the chick survive?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:36 -0400)

Describes how a penguin chick depends on its parents to survive in the Antarctic.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,023,601 books! | Top bar: Always visible