Heaven's Keep by William Kent Krueger

A return to form. One of my favorite Cork O'Connor novels. ( )
  HenryJOlsen | May 21, 2016 |
This series is so good that I just want to keep devouring these books. I felt so sorry for Cork and his family when Jo went missing. All I know is that I have to start reading the next book very soon in order to see what's going to happen next. No spoilers from me - you must pick up these books and read them for yourself. You will not be disappointed! ( )
  eadieburke | Jan 19, 2016 |
Entertaining ( )
  RobertP | Jan 29, 2015 |
More fateful turns in the world of Cork O'Connor. An airplane with his wife aboard, disappears and the ensuing search creates more mysteries than anticipated. The mysteries are resolved skillfully but life changes again for the occasional Minnesota county sheriff. ( )
  jamespurcell | Sep 2, 2014 |
William Kent Kreuger's mystery series featuring Cork O'Connor seemed, in my mind, to start out relatively slowly. I felt that it wasn't until his fourth or fifth book that he really hit his stride. I'm very thankful that I had bought up his complete series before beginning to read them (based on an enthusiastic review I read of a later book).. otherwise I might have given up on the series early on and missed some really great stories. And in hindsight even the early books have a great deal to offer.

The novels are set in rural, northern Minnesota for the most part with the action shifting to The U.P. of Michigan in one story and to Wyoming in another. Mr. Kreuger gives Cork O'Connor a family life that is anything but 'storybook'. From one end to the other this is a loving, but modern family, with real life modern problems that they do manage to get resolved. Fairly early in the series, the stories begin increasingly encompassing Cork's and his family's Native American connection to good advantage!

This is a very good and satisfying series which I gobbled up faster and faster towards the end. Now I have to sit and eagerly await the next Cork O'Connor adventure. This is a series where the books could be read as stand alones, but for maximum enjoyment I would strongly recommend reading them in the order that they were written. ( )
  jastbrown | Feb 27, 2012 |

When a charter plane carrying Cork O'Connor's wife, Joe, goes missing in a snowstorm over the Wyoming Rockies, Cork must accept the terrible truth that his wife is gone forever. But is she?--From publisher's description.

32 wanted3 pay6 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,913,981 books! | Top bar: Always visible