Heaven's Keep by William Kent Krueger

More fateful turns in the world of Cork O'Connor. An airplane with his wife aboard, disappears and the ensuing search creates more mysteries than anticipated. The mysteries are resolved skillfully but life changes again for the occasional Minnesota county sheriff. ( )
  jamespurcell | Sep 2, 2014 |
William Kent Kreuger's mystery series featuring Cork O'Connor seemed, in my mind, to start out relatively slowly. I felt that it wasn't until his fourth or fifth book that he really hit his stride. I'm very thankful that I had bought up his complete series before beginning to read them (based on an enthusiastic review I read of a later book).. otherwise I might have given up on the series early on and missed some really great stories. And in hindsight even the early books have a great deal to offer.

The novels are set in rural, northern Minnesota for the most part with the action shifting to The U.P. of Michigan in one story and to Wyoming in another. Mr. Kreuger gives Cork O'Connor a family life that is anything but 'storybook'. From one end to the other this is a loving, but modern family, with real life modern problems that they do manage to get resolved. Fairly early in the series, the stories begin increasingly encompassing Cork's and his family's Native American connection to good advantage!

This is a very good and satisfying series which I gobbled up faster and faster towards the end. Now I have to sit and eagerly await the next Cork O'Connor adventure. This is a series where the books could be read as stand alones, but for maximum enjoyment I would strongly recommend reading them in the order that they were written. ( )
  jastbrown | Feb 27, 2012 |
When a charter plane carrying Cork O'Connor's wife, Jo, goes missing in a snowstorm over the Wyoming Rockies, Cork must accept the terrible truth that his wife is gone forever. But is she? Months after the tragedy, two women show up on Cork's doorstep with evidence that the pilot of Jo's plane was not the man he claimed to be. It may not be definitive proof, but it's a ray of light in the darkness surrounding Cork's loss. Agreeing to investigate, he travels to Wyoming, where he battles the interference of local law enforcement who may be on the take, the open hostility of the Northern Arapaho, who have much to lose if the truth is known, and the continuing attempts on his life by assassins who shadow his every move. ( )
  jepeters333 | Jan 7, 2012 |
This is another excellent mystery by William Kent Krueger. In this
Cork O'Conner story, Cork is looking for his wife who has disappeared with others of the Indian nation who were flying to a meeting. The story is well written and deals with many of the challenges that face the American Indians. I highly recommend this book to mystery lovers who like to be drawn in from beginning to end. ( )
  CandyH | Dec 20, 2011 |
Completed 7/24, rated 4.5 Number 9 in the 10 book series with #11 due out in weeks. Wife Jo is in a plane crash in Wyoming/Montana during a blizzard while traveling with client Indians to a meeting. First half of book is excellent re efforts of Air Patrol and S&R teams trying to find the victims. 2nd half is mystery....why wasn't the pilot who he seemed to be?? The Mexican hospice ending is too out there for me, not at all credible. In the last pages the story is closed.... ( )
  maneekuhi | Jul 28, 2011 |

When a charter plane carrying Cork O'Connor's wife, Joe, goes missing in a snowstorm over the Wyoming Rockies, Cork must accept the terrible truth that his wife is gone forever. But is she?--From publisher's description.

59 wanted3 pay6 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,770,969 books! | Top bar: Always visible