Little Bird of Heaven by Joyce Carol Oates

Little Bird of Heaven

by Joyce Carol Oates

English (28)  Spanish (2)  Italian (1)  All languages (31)
Held my attention because I like character development and a little mystery to a story, waiting to find out what happened. Not what I'd call a page-turner, and not particularly memorable for me, just a pretty good read. ( )
  KathyGilbert | Jan 29, 2016 |
There's no doubt Joyce Carol Oates is a terrific writer. However, I ( )
  Judy_Ryfinski | Jan 20, 2016 |
There's no doubt Joyce Carol Oates is a terrific writer. However, I ( )
  Judy_Ryfinski | Jan 20, 2016 |
Oates has done better, but it's not a bad read. Good plot, less than likable main characters, and it dragged to a conclusion. Three-hundred pages would have sufficed (instead of 442). Quoting an old editor of mine, "Edit ruthlessly." ( )
  VashonJim | Sep 6, 2015 |
I really wanted to like this book, because, you know, it's JCO. Who doesn't like her? The answer to that one is, me, apparently. Apparently I do not care for JCO. ( )
  cat-ballou | Jan 22, 2014 |
Den intressanta berättelsen som skulle kunna öppna för många perspektiv försvinner i ordmassorna, där praktiskt taget allt skall med, på det där nästan maniska sättet som präglar Oates när hon inte kan hejda sig. Men jag ser fram emot nästa roman av Oates och hoppas att hon då är i bästa form.
added by Jannes | editSvenska Dagbladet, Mats Gellerfelt (Nov 22, 2010)

“Little Bird of Heaven” starts with the urgency of a thriller, then turns into something more existential as the years (and pages) go by with no developments in the case. This is a tragedy on a classical scale.

When a young wife and mother named Zoe Kruller is found brutally murdered, the Sparta police target two primary suspects, her estranged husband, Delray Kruller, and her longtime lover, Eddy Diehl. In turn, the Krullers' son, Aaron, and Eddy Diehl's daughter, Krista, become obsessed with each other, each believing the other's father is guilty until they meet again as adults, ready to exorcise the ghosts of the past and come to terms with their legacy of guilt, misplaced love, and redemptive yearning.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,107,387 books! | Top bar: Always visible