Little Bird of Heaven: A Novel by Joyce…

Little Bird of Heaven: A Novel (edition 2009)

by Joyce Carol Oates

Member:writestuff
Title:Little Bird of Heaven: A Novel
Authors:Joyce Carol Oates
Info:Ecco (2009), Hardcover, 448 pages
Collections:Your library, To read
Tags:Literary Fiction

Little Bird of Heaven by Joyce Carol Oates

English (24)  Spanish (2)  Italian (1)  All languages (27)
I really wanted to like this book, because, you know, it's JCO. Who doesn't like her? The answer to that one is, me, apparently. Apparently I do not care for JCO. ( )
  cat-ballou | Jan 22, 2014 |
  cat-ballou | Jan 22, 2014 |
I did not enjoy this book at all - it was a struggle to finish. Most of the characters were very unlikable and the story was just not that interesting. ( )
  susan.h.schofield | Oct 7, 2013 |
Did not like this very much, honestly. The basic story was good, but I never came close to falling in love with the writing, and I was impatient with the characters - I didn't find them engaging. I'd love to read the same story as written by Francine Prose. ( )
  JennyArch | Apr 3, 2013 |
  cat-ballou | Apr 2, 2013 |
Den intressanta berättelsen som skulle kunna öppna för många perspektiv försvinner i ordmassorna, där praktiskt taget allt skall med, på det där nästan maniska sättet som präglar Oates när hon inte kan hejda sig. Men jag ser fram emot nästa roman av Oates och hoppas att hon då är i bästa form.
added by Jannes | editSvenska Dagbladet, Mats Gellerfelt (Nov 22, 2010)

“Little Bird of Heaven” starts with the urgency of a thriller, then turns into something more existential as the years (and pages) go by with no developments in the case. This is a tragedy on a classical scale.

When a young wife and mother named Zoe Kruller is found brutally murdered, the Sparta police target two primary suspects, her estranged husband, Delray Kruller, and her longtime lover, Eddy Diehl. In turn, the Krullers' son, Aaron, and Eddy Diehl's daughter, Krista, become obsessed with each other, each believing the other's father is guilty until they meet again as adults, ready to exorcise the ghosts of the past and come to terms with their legacy of guilt, misplaced love, and redemptive yearning.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,604,926 books! | Top bar: Always visible