De wettelozen by John Grisham

De wettelozen (edition 2010)

by John Grisham, Hugo Kuipers

Member:Karel22
Title:De wettelozen
Authors:John Grisham
Other authors:Hugo Kuipers
Info:Utrecht Bruna cop. 2010

Ford County: Stories by John Grisham

Recently added bydouble-a, michelynn2016, BookHavenAZ, private library, eloquinn, WANGPP, thanson1, ovevs, Rmoan

English (77)  Italian (1)  French (1)  Catalan (1)  All languages (80)
Loved the stories in this book. Funny, poignant, serious tales that look at the life's of ordinary people in rural Mississippi. I don't usually read short story books but I am sure glad I picked up and read this one. ( )
  foof2you | May 25, 2018 |
Seven short stories about people in Grisham's home town. Memorable characters that held my interest in every story. Not all were legal thrillers, but they all seemed to have a legal bent to them. ( )
  buffalogr | Mar 25, 2018 |
I didn't have many expectations of this book so it was a pleasant surprise to find that some stories are quite interesting. Of course, there are stories that are bland. The last story of the friendship that was developed between a white man suffering from Aids who had gone home to die and the elderly black lady engaged to look after him even touched me a little. ( )
  siok | Feb 4, 2018 |
I don't read short stories usually - but since it was a Grisham collection - I thought I'd give it a try. Glad I did. Loved the stories - memorable characters in every one. Grisham definitely has an eye for characters whose moral center is a bit off. ( )
  TerryLewis | Jun 12, 2017 |
I read part of the book. I became tired of trying to sift through the filthy language and offensive stories that I just stopped reading. This was a first for me. ( )
  lusetta | Mar 22, 2017 |
The intermittent bursts of genuine thought and originality in “Ford County” show us how good [Grisham] might be if he weren’t so content to coast.

Full of strong characters, simple but resonant plotlines, and charming Southern accents, this collection is solid throughout; though his literary aspirations may seem quaint, Grisham succeeds admirably in his crowd-pleasing craft while avoiding pat endings or oversimplifying (perhaps best exemplified in ""Michael's Room,"" which finds a lawyer facing the consequences of successfully defending a doctor against a malpractice suit).
added by a.thomerson | editPublishers Weekly (Nov 2, 2009)

Mr. Grisham can give his story an unexpected twist without need of a heavy hand. His novels sometimes moralize; these short stories don’t need to because they transform their agendas into pure, vigorous plot.

To Bobby Moak
By the time the news of Bailey's accident spread through the rural settlement of Box Hill, there were several versions of how it happened.

Collection of short stories set in the fictional Ford County, Mississippi, the setting of Grisham's first novel, A Time to Kill.

John Grisham returns to Ford County, Mississippi, the setting of his immensely popular first novel, "A Time to Kill," with this wholly surprising collection of stories.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,321,311 books! | Top bar: Always visible