Someone Like You by Timothy James Beck
775156,384 (4)2

Derek is looking for a job and finds a lot of new friends, but will it help him to get rid of his status as kept boy? Is Vienna able to conquer her past to find a future? And what about sweet Davii and sexy (no not gay) Christian. They all meet up in this typical melting pot of T.J. Beck writing to find out more about themselves and others. Interesting as it is, it´s not the best of Timothy James Beck, but anyway, a wonderful and nice read for the weekend. ( )
  Kaysbooks | Jun 13, 2011 |
I wanted to love the book so much because I enjoyed reading about the characters and their development as the story progressed. However, because of my eagerness for something to happen between Derek and Christian, I was a little disappointed when Christian's character was reduced to almost nothing of importance to Derek's love life. I don't buy Hunter's hesitation in telling Derek the reason why he did not want Derek to work (as a shoe salesman). I do know of people who find it difficult to say 'I love you' but the shoe issue is a no-issue. I find Hunter's character a waste, and the same goes for Pro. It is so difficult to imagine Pro's disapproval tone of Derek at the beginning of the novel. And why is a person of Derek's qualification settles for a shoe salesman? Nevertheless, I still like and enjoy reading Timothy James Beck's work, that so much so, I immediately purchased his other novel - It Had To Be You. ( )
  starlight70 | Jun 2, 2011 |
This was a fun and enjoyable book, but there wasn't any sort of deeper meaning to it. In the end, that was just fine. It was more of a romp with a happy ending that eclipsed the drama and angst throughout the novel. You kind of knew how things would end and were happy that they sorted themselves out. It was almost bit too much, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. ( )
  callmecayce | Dec 14, 2009 |
This was great! I loved all of the characters, okay all except for Riley. I would love for there to be more about these people. Vienna, and Christian, and Davii, and Derek were fantastically brought to life. The scene with the bull had me laughing so hard that I had tears streaming down my face! Timothy J. Beck has become an auto buy...I could easily read this over and over again. ( )
  celauer | Apr 17, 2008 |
This, like the author's earlier works, contains an extensive amount of backstory and exposition (has he not heard of the saying, "show not tell"?) but I personally don't find it detracting from the soap-opera-esque entertainment this is.
  alasen_reads | Jul 21, 2007 |

At the mall of the Universe, the one thing you need might be in the last place you expect...Dishing over drinks; dealing with heinous bosses; scheming, dreaming and falling - four friends are going shopping for love. At the Mall of the Universe, a person can get anything they want. Marc Jacobs shoes. Hugo Boss suits. Food. Drinks. Dry cleaning. A lane at the bowling alley. Of course, some things are harder to come by than others. Just ask Vienna. She's a beautiful sister who isn't going to be dependent on any man, ever again, thanks to her cheating, should-be-dead ex. When she's not selling overpriced mascara to rich snobs, Vienna's checking out the scenery. Not that she wants another man - much. Good thing she can tell it all to...Davii - The top hairdresser at CosmicTology is fast with a wickedly funny quip and with his shears. Nobody puts one over on Davii. But, what he really craves is a nice guy to come home to. A guy who makes him want to be a better person. A guy who looks an awful lot like...Derek - He never planned to become a kept man, but it's hard to give up Belgian waffles delivered by room service. But, no more. It's time for New Derek - new life, new friends, new job. And, who better to help him take those baby steps than...Christian - Cool and savvy, he's cornered the market on charm. His sales skills have won him a fawning clientele. There's nothing he can't do, no point he can't score, no woman he can't woo. But, there's a first time for everything...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:27 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,388,331 books! | Top bar: Always visible